All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is one of the most reputed institutions in India. It was established in the year 1956. The institute mainly aims in providing high standard of medical education to its students.
The AIIMS entrance exam is conducted taking admission to DM/M.Ch (3 years), Fellowship Program, MD (Hospital Administration), MD, MS, M.Ch (6 yrs)/DM (6 yrs), MDS, MBBS, B.Sc (Hons) Medical Technology in Radiography/ Bachelor of Optometry, B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic), M.Sc. Nursing, M. Biotechnology and Ph.D programs for the session 2016-17.
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS Medical 2016:
For MBBS Program:
- Candidate should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2016).
- Candidate should have passed the 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/ Board of any English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subject with minimum aggregate of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/OPH candidates).
- For MDS Program: Only Indian nationals possessing BDS degree from a recognized Dental College or a foreign degree included in the schedules of the Indian Dental Council Act, 1956 and full registration either from the Dental Council of India or State Dental Council after completing compulsory rotating internship.
- For MD/MS/MDS Programs: A candidate must possess MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS courses of a university recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India and must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th January, 2015.
- For 6 years M.Ch Program: The candidate must possess a MBBS degree and should have completed the required period of one year compulsory Internship. He/she must have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS professional examinations.
- For DM/M.Ch (3 years) Programs: A candidate must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a university recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline.
- For Ph.D Programs: Candidate must possess at least one of the following qualifications of a recognized university/institute:
- A degree of Master of Sciences or master's degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or master's degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or diplomat of the National Board of Examinations.
- MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations.