Admission to 5 years Bachelors of Arts.Bachelors of Law (B.A.LL.B) honors, 1 year Master of Law (LL.M) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programs will be made through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) which is being conducted in various centres all over India by National Law University (NLU), Delhi. Candidates who aspire to pursue post graduate level legal programs must have to appear for AILET.
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2016:
- For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) Program:
- Candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination and scored a minimum of 50%. However, candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations in the year of the AILET can also apply, provided they meet the above condition at the time of admission.
- Candidates should be less than 21 years of age or 23 years in case of SC/ST candidates.
- For LL.M Program: Candidate should have passed the LL.B. or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks on aggregate (50% in case of reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
- For Ph.D Program: Candidates should have:
- Obtained a master’s degree in law from any recognised university securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ persons with disability). Or
- Obtained a degree in law and a masters degree with M.Phil in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent. Or
- Provided that candidates with qualifications in social sciences and humanities may be admitted to the program if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy of Law.