AFMC is an all-India entrance exam to get admission in AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College). AFMC 2012 will be conducted at various 55 test centers. candidate shall give three different choices of cities in order of preference from where he/she wishes to appear for the written examination. Candidates become eligible for admission into Armed Forces Medical College Pune is by qualifying the AFMC entrance exam. But before applying for AFMC medical entrance exam candidates must satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for AFMC MBBS 2012
- Applicants must have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in first attempt with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 60% of aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together, not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics at least of the matriculation standard.
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XII standard/Pre professional with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above.
- Candidates must have attain the age of 17 years on 31 December 2012 but must NOT have attained the age of 22 years on the above mentioned date i.e. not born earlier that 01 January 1991 and not later than 31 December 1995, if the academic qualification of the candidate is 10+2 or equivalent. A candidate who has passed B.Sc. examination or will be appearing in final B.Sc. examination and seeks admission must not have attained the age of 24 years on 31 December 2012 i.e. must have not been born earlier than 01 January 1989.
- A candidate should be citizen of India. The candidate may be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian citizenship or in respect of whom a certificate of eligibility is issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Candidates who are to appear in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) up to 01 May 2012 may also appear for the test provisionally.
- The following categories of students are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply:-
- Candidates who have passed in Domestic Science, Domestic Arithmetic, Lower Maths separately or in combination with other subjects like General Science, Social studies in High School/Higher Secondary (Multi-Purpose) or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have passed only Pre-University/Pre-Degree (one year course) or Pre-Professional in Agriculture/Veterinary/Dental Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the Pre-Professional or other equivalent qualifying examination as PRIVATE CANDIDATES.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Follow us on Google
Do you like this story?