Every year AFMC MBBS Entrance Exam is conducted by Armed Forces Medical College in order to provide admission into its Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). One who desires to pursue MBBS program at Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), must have to appear for this entrance test.
The written examination is held on 1st Sunday of May every year. Total 130 candidates (including a maximum of 25 girls) will be selected. All the 105 boys and 25 girls admitted to AFMC, Pune have compulsory liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services on graduation.
Application Procedure for AFMC MBBS 2012:
- Prospectus and application form for AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 will be available only online, from Monday, February 06, 2012 onwards.
- Candidates will have to login to the website of AFMC: www.afmc.nic.in and click on the link AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 which will lead to the webpage containing the application process. Candidates should read the instructions/guidelines contained in the webpage carefully before applying.
- Candidates applying for AFMC MBBS Entrance Examination 2012 should have a valid e-mail id which is mandatory. All candidates should register themselves on the website by clicking on the “New Applicant Click here to Register” icon. You will have to fill up the relevant details and register. An e-mail with a temporary password will be generated and sent to the registered e-mail id. On first login a new password will have to be created by the candidate.
- Following successful registration, the candidate can now apply for AFMC MBBS Entrance examination – 2012, using his registered e-mail id and the new changed password as LOGIN ID and PASSWORD.
- On logging in to the account a unique registration id will be generated. All candidates will write down and keep this number safely since this will be used for all future correspondence. The candidate will have to fill the mandatory fields marked (*) in the application form.
- Candidates will also have to download and print the Bank challan form. This form will be printed with the unique registration number. Candidates will have to make the payment of Rs. 280/- (Application fee + Bank charges) at any State Bank of India branch across the country.
- To make the final submission of the form the candidate will have to upload his/her digital photograph and scanned signature. The photograph and scanned signature will be uploaded only in the .jpeg format. All photographs will be of passport size format with the name of candidate and the date of the photograph mentioned at the bottom of the photograph. Any form without a photograph or signature will be rejected. The form can then be submitted; however the confirmation of submission will be uploaded ONLY when the bank confirms the payment of the application fees by the candidate.
- For those candidates who are unable to upload photo and signature, provision for submission of the forms by downloading, printing and sending the forms to AFMC Pune after affixing photograph and signature will be available from Tuesday, February 28, 2012 to Monday, March 05, 2012 ONLY. Candidates who send the forms by this method will have to paste the photograph and sign the application at the relevant place before sending it to Officer in Charge (Admission Cell), Armed Forces Medical College, Post Office - Wanowarie, Sholapur Road, Pune – 411040
- The last date for downloading and submission of application ONLINE will be Monday, March, 05 2012. However in case of candidates who have downloaded the forms by 05 March 2012 and sent by post, the last date of receipt of the same at AFMC Pune will be 12 Mar 2012 . Forms shall not be accepted after the last date of receipt.
Note: There will be no sale of Prospectus and application forms this year at Post Offices. Candidates are advised NOT to send any Demand drafts /Bank drafts/ Postal orders to AFMC.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,