How to Apply for AIEEE
One can apply for the AIEEE Exam by the online or offline methods. Forms can also be got by post from the office of the Assistant Secretary (AIEEE). An alternative is to get it personally from the regional offices of the CBSE. Other options are the chosen branches of the Syndicate Bank or other Designated Institutions.
1. Mode of Examination: There are two modes of examination
2. Conduct of Online Examination: As per the orders of the Min. of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, the online examination would be conducted for a maximum of 1.0 lac candidates in BE/B.Tech only and remaining candidates will appear in Pen & paper mode (off-line) as conducted earlier. The candidates wishing to appear in online examination will apply online only through the AIEEE website and the fees is required to be paid by credit/ debit card only. All informations & instructions for submitting of application for appearing in online examination are available on AIEEE website. The date & time of examination will be informed seperately to all the candidates applying for online examination.
Online examination will be conducted for a maximum capacity of 5000 candidates in a city on first-come-first serve basis. The candidates may opt another city if the seats in a particular city are full. Though, the candidates have been asked to submit their choices of examination cities but the Board has right to change the center. The examination fee for the candidates who intend to appear in online examination is as under.
3. Examination Fees (Online Submission & Offline Exam) (Tentative)
4. Examination Fees(Online Submission for Online Exam)
5. Payment of Fee could be made by Demand Draft or Credit Card.
Steps to be followed if fee paid through Demand Draft
Steps to be followed if fee paid through Credit Card
6. Paste your two recent photographs (as given in point 6 below), sign in the specified box and send this confirmation page along with Demand Draft (In case of Examination Fee deposited through Demand Draft) by Registered/Speed Post (NOT BY COURIER) to "The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit), Central Board of Secondary Education, PS 1-2, Institutional Area, IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi 110 092" for further processing. Application received beyond this date will not be accepted.
7. Photograph : Firmly affix two recent high contrast passport size preferably black & white photograph with gum/fevicol (not to be pinned or stapled) in the space provided for it in the Application Form one duly attested by the head of the institution where the candidate is studying/passed class XII or the Gazatted officer. The photograph must indicate clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed.
Polaroid photos are not acceptable. The photograph of the candidate should be attested by the Principal/Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer in such a way that part of the signature is on the photograph and remaining part of the signature is on the application form. Attestation should be done on the bottom part of the photograph so that the photograph is not defaced. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates may keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination/Counselling/Admission.
8. Candidates submitting applications online for Offline (pen-paper mode) Examination are required
9. Candidates submitting applications online for Online Examination are required
10. Date of Birth:Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Handica pped (PH) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PH candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1982 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
Note : Bank will charge 2% service charges + service tax on transaction made by Credit Card.
Rules for Reservation
Reservation for applicants of SC/ST/OBC categories or who are handicapped shall be applicable as per the norms of the Indian Government/State concerned. This may be improvised on a timely basis.
How to fill the Form?
Students need to be very careful when they are filling the forms by the online or offline methods. Once the form is posted, students won’t get another chance to rectify the mistakes they made. Some tips are:
Click here for more details regarding the Paper Pattern for 2012
Top Searched Keywords: - Application for AIEEE, How to Apply for AIEEE 2012, Procedure for AIEEE 2012, Online Application form for AIEEE 2012, offline Application form for AIEEE 2012, Online Examination for AIEEE, Offline Examination for AIEEE
Source: AIEEE WebsiteDo you like this story?
Related Question and Answer