All-India Institute of Medical Sciences was established as an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
The students who desire to take admissions under AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) must clear the entrance exams conducted by AIIMS. The paper pattern is specially designed for the students to score high marks AIIMS entrance exams. It is essential that the candidates must go through the paper pattern which is designed by the institute.
Paper Pattern for AIIMS Medical 2016:
- For MDS Program:
- The syllabus for the All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam for admission to the MDS courses shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
- There will be only one paper of 3 hours duration containing 200 MCQs consisting of Basic Sciences, Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects.
- The questions will be single answer objective type. Each answer with correct answer shall be awarded four marks. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Zero mark will be given for the questions not answered or marked for review.
- For MBBS Program:
- The duration of the examination shall be 3 ½ hours.
- Examination will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
- Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark.
- Each incorrect response will get a score of - 1⁄3 (minus-one-third).
- No credit will be given for the questions not answered or marked for review.
- For Ph.D Program:
- Written test carrying 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for.
- The question paper will consist of 50 theory based Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based Short Answer Questions (SAQs)/MCQs.
- Each correct (MCQ) answer will be awarded 1 mark and each wrong (MCQ) answer will be awarded one-third (-1/3) negative mark.
- More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark.
- Zero mark will be given for questions not answered.
- For DM/M.Ch Programs:
- The written test will carry 80 marks of 90 minutes duration in the subject the candidate has applied for.
- The question paper will consist of 50 theory based multiple choice questions (MCQs) and 30 clinical/practical/lab based short answer questions (SAQs)/MCQs.
- For MD/MS and MDS Programs:
- The entrance test for MD/MS will consist of one paper of 3 hours duration containing 200 multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at MBBS level.
- For MDS, the duration of paper will be 90 minutes containing 90 multiple choice questions covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.
- There is 1/3 negative marking for wrong answers in the test.
Find more about AIIMS Medical 2016
Do you like this story?