AIPMT is a national level entrance exam, which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi every year. It is known as the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT). AIPMT is conducted for taking admission to Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programs under 15% merit of all India quota seats in government medical/dental colleges all over India except the States of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir for the academic session 2016-17. The AIPMT will be held on Sunday, May 01, 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for AIPMT 2016:
- Indian nationals and overseas citizens of India are eligible for appearing in the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) subject to the conditions prescribed in the information bulletin.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% all India quota seats in medical/dental colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Candidates from the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to appear in AIPMT for the seats in AFMC.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of participating states/universities/institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
- Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2016 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.