AIPMT is a national level entrance exam, which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi every year. It is known as the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT). The AIPMT is held for taking admission to the first year MBBS and BDS programs for the session commencing in 2014. The AIPMT 2014 will be held on Sunday, May 04, 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for AIPMT Exam 2014 –
- Indian nationals and overseas citizens of India are eligible for appearing in the All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) subject to the conditions prescribed in the information bulletin.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% all India quota seats in medical/dental colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Candidates from the State of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to appear in AIPMT for the seats in AFMC.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of participating states/universities/institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
- Those who are appearing Class XII examination in 2014 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
For moreinformation about AIPMT exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?