APPG (Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination) is a state level entrance test conducted by the Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences for admission into various post graduates medical and dental courses offered by its affiliated colleges. The APPG entrance exam is generally held in the month of March. The APPG entrance exam score is applicable to take admission into PG programs such as PG medical degree & diploma programs and MDS offered by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences and its affiliated colleges.
There are 184 medical and dental colleges in Andhra Pradesh are affiliated to the Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. The admissions to all the post graduate medical and dental programs offered by these colleges are strictly done through the APPG entrance test score. The degrees awarded by the university are recognized by the statutory bodies like the medical council of India, the dental council of India, the central council of Indian medicine and the central council of homoeopathy and Indian nursing council.
Eligibility Criteria for APPG 2012
Candidates who are willing to take up the entrance test APPG 2012 must have fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below as per the MCI &DCI norms -
For PG medical degree and Diploma programs
- The candidate shall be an Indian national.
- The candidate must have studied MBBS in any one of the affiliated medical colleges of the University or in any medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India. Should have completed internship on or before March 31, 2012
- Candidates who are already studying P.G. Degree or diploma course shall not be permitted to appear for Entrance Test unless they discontinue the course by remitting the bond amount and stipend drawn up to that date before submitting the application form. Such candidates shall have to submit a certificate issued by the Head of the Institution to that effect along with the application form in the proforma appended as Annexure-II.
For MDS programs
- The applicant for admission to the post graduate degree in dental surgery must have a B.D.S. degree (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) of a University established or incorporated by or under a central act or a state act or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India and must have permanent registration with any State Dental Council.
- The students who are already admitted and studying MDS course are not eligible to appear for MDS Entrance test until they complete the course or discontinue the course by remitting the bond amount and stipend taken up to the date before submitting the application and such candidates shall enclose the discontinuance certificate issued by the Principal to that effect along with the application form in the proforma appended to the application form as Annexure II.
How to Apply for APPG 2012
- Candidates who are willing to take up the entrance test APPG 2012 can apply only through online. The online application form will be available on the website from Wednesday, February 1, 2012 to Friday, February 10, 2012 till 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates needs to fill up the application form in online and has to pay the amount indicated in the e-challan at any branch of SBI and submit the application using the link submit application
- After completing the data entry in all pages of the online application and submitting the data through online, the candidate should take the print-out of the filled-in online application form.
- The candidate should enclose the attested copies of required certificates SBI e-challan university copy (original) for Rs. 1050/- for OC/BC categories and Rs.850/- for SC/ST categories to the printout of the online application form in support of his/her claim.
- The candidate should submit the print-out of the filled-in online application along with the attested copies of required certificates and SBI e-challan (university copy) towards the registration fee to “The Convener, PG Admissions Committee, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, A.P. Vijayawada – 8” either by post or in person on or before on February 15, 2012. The candidate shall clearly super scribe on the cover the name of the course applied for: “PG MET-2012”. (In case of dental course MDSET -2012)
- The last date for submission printout of filled-in application is February 15, 2012 for both dental and medical courses.
- For more details and information on application procedure, please check official website.
Paper Pattern for APPG 2012
For PG medical degree and Diploma programs
- In APPG degree and diploma entrance test paper, there will be 200 multiple choice questions. The duration of the test is 3 hours.
- The standard of the examination will be that of MBBS. The MCQs will be one best response type with four alternatives.
- The approximate distribution of the questions will be as Anatomy, Physiology and Bio- Chemistry (15), Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine and SPM (35), Surgery & Allied subjects (60), Medical & Allied Subjects (60) and Obstetrics & Gynecology(30).
- As per PG medical regulations of medical council of India, the candidates who secure minimum of 50% marks (for SC/ST/BC Candidates 40% marks) in the entrance test are only eligible for admission.
For MDS programs
- For MDS program, the APPG entrance test paper shall be objective type containing 100 multiple choice questions to be answered in 1 1/2 hours duration.
- The standard of the test shall be that of the BDS course of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh.
- Minimum marks required to qualify in the Entrance Test shall be 40 for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates and 50 for other candidates.
- Availability of online Application: February 1, 2012 to February 10, 2012
- Last date for submission Printout of filled-in application: February 15, 2012
- Date and Time of Entrance Test (For PG and diploma medical courses): March 11, 2012
- Date and Time of Entrance Test (For MDS): March 18, 2012
- Results declaration: March 26, 2012
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
For more details and information onAPPG medical entrance exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?