Bank of India invites applications for recruitment of Specialist & General Banking & Officers in various cadre/scales. The written test will be held on 19 February 2012.
About Bank of India
Bank of India was founded on 7th September, 1906 by a group of eminent businessmen from Mumbai and was nationalized in July 1969. The bank has 3752 branches in India spread over all states/ union territories including specialized branches that are controlled through 50 Zonal Offices.There are 29 branches/ offices (including five representative offices) and 3 subsidiaries and 1 joint venture abroad.
Post & Number of Vacancies: -
- Specialist Officers: 193 positions
- General Banking Officers: 110 positions
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Education qualification:Ph.D / MBA / PG / Master’s Degree / Graduation in the relevant field.
- Experience:Min. 0 years to 15 years of Post qualification Experience in relevant field.
How to Apply:-
- The candidate should apply on-line through website www.bankofindia.co.in
- As a First Step, candidate should take out Print-out of Challan from official website & then should make the payment of fees in any of the Bank of India branches on or before 16.01.2012.
- Once the payment of fees is made, the concerned branch will give him a Transaction No.
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his photograph and signature as per the specifications given on the website.
- Candidates are now ready to Apply Online by re-visiting the Bank’s website. After submitting application, they should note/ remember registration number and password for future reference.
Click here to apply online - Recruitment of General Banking & Specialist Officers.
Application Fee: -
The application fee is Rs. 500/- for general category and no fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex- Servicemen candidates.
Note: Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
For more details and information on application fee, please visit here.
Selection Procedure: -
- Depending on the number of vacancies (if the Written Test is held), only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks stipulated for written tests (Objective) and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit shall be called for a Personal interview in the ratio of 1:3. – Mere pass in the Written Tests shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Personal Interview.
- Merit list of the candidates based on the marks obtained by them in Written Test, if held and Personal Interview of 100 Marks will be prepared in descending order on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained, under the respective SC / ST / OBC / GEN Category. The final selection will be made on the basis of this merit list.
Do you like this story?
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit here.
Last Date for submission of online application: 16th January, 2012.
For more information on important dates please click here.