Bank of India invites applications for recruitment of Specialist Officers in Scale- I & II from candidates holding IBPS CWE score for specialist posts.
About Bank of India
Bank of India was founded on 7th September, 1906 by a group of eminent businessmen from Mumbai and was nationalized in July 1969. The bank has 3752 branches in India spread over all states/ union territories including specialized branches that are controlled through 50 Zonal Offices.
There are 29 branches/ offices (including five representative offices) and 3 subsidiaries and 1 joint venture abroad. The Bank came out with its maiden public issue in 1997 and follow on qualified institutions placement in February 2008.
Post & Number of Vacancies: -
- Marketing Officer I: 21
- Law Officer II: 12
- IT Officer I: 11
- IT Officer II: 5
- Technical Officer (Appraisal) I: 15
- HR/IR Oficer I: 35
- Rajbhasha Adhikari I: 25
- Agriculture Field Officer I: 38
For details and information on post and vacancies, please visit here.
- A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda.
- Education qualification: As per IBPS Notice for Common Written Examination (CWE) for specialist post.
- Candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years as on 01.12.2011 for Scale I and the age should be between 21 to 35 for Scale II.
- The relaxation of Age is as follows: For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates by 5 years, for Other Backward Classes candidates by 3 years and for PWD category candidates - 10 years
- For Law Officer (Scale II): 3 years experience of practice at Bar or Judicial service and/or Law Officer in the Legal Dept. of a reputed Bank or the Central/State Government or of a Public Sector Undertaking with practice at Bar.
- For IT Officer (Scale-II): 1 Year
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit here.
- The application fee is Rs. 20/- for SC/ST/PWD and Rs.100/- for others (GEN/OBC).
- As a first step, candidate should take out Print-out of Challan from Page 10 of the Notice on official website and fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in block letters.
- Against the above-said Challan, the candidate should make the payment of fees in any of the Bank of India branches on or before 14.07.2012.
- Collect the candidate's copy of receipt and make sure it has DEPOSIT JOURNAL NUMBER, BRANCH NAME, BRANCH CODE and DATE OF REMITTANCE mentioned on it.
For more details and information on application fee, please visit here.
How to Apply:-
- After payment of fees candidates are advised to apply “Online” by revisiting the Bank’s website and clicking on the appropriate link for the Online Application Form.
- Candidates should fill in the requisite details in the online application form and submit it.
- After applying online candidates are advised to take a printout of the system generated online application form.
- The registration number and Password generated after applying online must be carefully retained by the candidate for his/her record.
- Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan will have to be produced, if called for interview.
Click here to apply online for Indian Bank Specialist Officers Recruitment 2012.
Selection Procedure: -
Depending on the number of vacancies, only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks stipulated as stated above under Common Written Examination (C.W.E) conducted by IBPS (i.e subject wise Objective Test) and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit shall be called for a Personal interview in the ratio of 1:3. The candidates should have valid score card issued by IBPS. Mere pass in the Common Written Examination shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Personal Interview.
Merit list of the candidates based on the marks obtained by them in Common Written Test Marks (Objective Test) and Personal Interview of 100 Marks will be prepared in descending order on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained, under the respective SC / ST / OBC / GEN Category. The final selection will be made on the basis of this merit list.
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit here.
Last Date for submission of online application: July 15, 2012.
For more information on important dates please click here.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information about the bank notifications please click here.