Canara Bank invites online applications for recruitment to the post of Probationary Clerks from the candidates who are qualified and holding a valid Common Written Examination- CLERK-2011-12 score card issued by IBPS.
About Canara Bank
Canara Bank is among the oldest nationalized public sector banks with its Headquarter in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was formed in 1906 with over 3500 Branches with and over 45000 Employees. The Bank has gone through the various phases of its growth trajectory over hundred years of its existence. Growth of Canara Bank was phenomenal, especially after nationalization in the year 1969, attaining the status of a national level player in terms of geographical reach and clientele segments.
Probationary Clerks – 2000 posts
- A candidate must be either i] a citizen of India or ii] a subject of Nepal or iii] a subject of Bhutan or iv] a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01.01.1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v] a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda.
- Age should be between 18-28 years
- Should be a graduate with minimum 60% marks (55 % for SC/ST/PWD).
- Candidate should have proficiency in Official Language of the State / UT for which he / she is applying.
- Passed the Common Written Examination [CWE] for Clerks 2011-12 conducted by IBPS, Mumbai and holding a valid IBPS Score Card of the said CWE.
- Candidates in Final year of graduation may not apply.
- Basic Knowledge in computers is considered a positive point and proficiency in Hindi is required.
- Relaxation in upper age limit:-
- For SC/ST - 5 Years Relaxation,
- For OBC - 3 Years Relaxation,
- For PWD (VI/HI/OC) - 10 years.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit here.
- The application fee is Rs. 50 for SC/ST/PWD and Rs.100 for all others.
- Payment can be made in following two ways: -
- Through any Branch of Canara Bank as below -
- Take print-out of the Payment Challan from website.
- Payment to be made by Payment Challan.
- Fill all required details and collect candidate's copy with Transaction Sequence No., Branch Name & DP Code Number, Deposit Date noted on it.
- NEFT Payment can also be made through following procedure -
- Payment to be made with NEFT Challan in Account No. 1173201002265 with Name of " Canara Bank Recruitment Project-2/2012–Probationary Clerks ". Payee Bank is " Canara Bank, South End Road Branch, Bangalore " and IFSC Code: CNRB0001173
- Collect NEFT Payment Receipt. Please check that receipt is properly signed & the details of NEFT UTR No., IFSC Code of the Sending Branch, Name of the Sending Bank, City, Deposit Date, Amount etc are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities.
For more details and information onapplication fee, please visit here.
- The eligible candidates are required to apply ON-LINE through bank’s website www.canarabank.com with details filled properly and note down Registration Number and Password. Write down Registration Number on the back of payment challan.
- Take two print outs of application form for future reference and use.
- Documents to be carried if called for GD and Interview:-
- Print-out of On-line application submitted to the Bank with Photo & Signature affixed at appropriate place
- Copy of On-line application submitted to IBPS for CWE for Clerical cadre held in 2011
- Payment Challan / NEFT Receipt, Print-out of GD and Interview Call Letter
- IBPS Score Card
- Proof of Date of Birth along with proof of certificate for age relaxation, if any
- Certificates and Marklists [Semsester-wise/Year-wise] from SSC / SSLC / X std, 10+2 / PUC / Intermediate, Graduation, Post Graduation (if any) etc
- Caste Certificate in Govt. of India format, in case of SC/ST/OBC/OBCM category candidates & Medical Certificate in case of PWD candidates
- Any other relevant documents
Click here to apply online for Probationary Clerks recruitment 2012.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and Interview on the basis Common Written Examination-CLERK-2011-12 score.
- Group Discussion and Interview will each be of 100 Marks.
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit here.
Closing Date for on-line registration in Website is Sunday, 01 July 2012.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
For more details and information about the bank notifications please click here.
Do you like this story?