State Bank of India (SBI) invites applications for recruitment of Clerks for posting in North-Eastern region and a special recruitment of clerks in SC/ST/OBC categories. The written test will be held on Sunday. March 18, 2012.
About State Bank of India
State Bank of India, the country’s oldest Bank and a premier in terms of balance sheet size, number of branches, market capitalization and profits is today going through a momentous phase of Change and Transformation – the two hundred year old Public sector behemoth is today stirring out of its Public Sector legacy and moving with an ability to give the Private and Foreign Banks a run for their money. The bank is also looking at opportunities to grow in size in India as well as internationally.
Recruitment of Clerks in North East-
- Clerks Posts: - 600 Vacancies
Special Recruitment of Clerks in SC/ST/OBC Categories–
- Clerks Posts: - 2500 Vacancies for SC/ST/OBC Categories
Eligibility Criteria: -
- Age should be between 18-28 yrs as on 01.12.2011
- Should have at least 60% marks in Intermediate (XII) or Diploma (After 10th) (55% For SC/ST/OBC/PWD) OR Completed Graduation form a recognized university (No percentage Criteria).
- Those in final year of graduation should apply with their marks in Intermediate (10 + 2).
- Fluency in English is required.
- Basic Knowledge in computers (MS Office Etc.) and Knowledge of Local language will be added qualification.
- Relaxation in Upper age Limit:-
- For SC/ST: - 5 Years Relaxation
- For OBC: - 3 Years Relaxation
- For PWD (GEN):- 10 Years Relaxation
- For PWD (SC/ST):- 15 Years Relaxation
- For PWD (OBC):- 13 Years Relaxation
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit here.
- The application fees is Rs. 350 (Gen/OBC) and Rs. 50 for others. Please note that payment needs to be made after applying online.
- To apply for this, you have to get your photograph and signature scanned and apply online and fill details carefully. Take print out of the system generated Fee payment challan and note the Registration Number and password.
- The payment of fees can be done using the generated payment challan from second day of application and for next three working days. For example if you apply on 5th January then you'll be able to pay the fees from 7th to 10Th January (Excluding Sundays and bank holidays).The registration will be considered only after fee is paid.
- On successful registration, you will receive confirmation SMS/Email within 2 working days. The call Letters for Written exam will be downloaded from Mar 5, 2012 bank website.
Click here to apply online - Recruitment of Clerks.
Selection Procedure: -
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance in written test and Interview. Written test will be objective type having questions from general awareness, general English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, marketing, aptitude / computer knowledge.
- There will be negative marking of 1/4th of the total marks for any question.
- Passing marks will be decided by the bank depending on the vacancies (In the ratio of 1:3) and candidates have to cross minimum marks in each subject to be considered for Interview process.
Do you like this story?
For more details and information on selection procedure, please visit here.
Last date for Online Registration is 20/1/2012.