Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani has announced the exam dates for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2014), which will be conducted in May and June 2014. BITSAT will be held from Wednesday, May 14, 2014 to Sunday, June 01, 2014.
BITSAT is a computer based online test conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani for admission to integrated first degree programs such as B.E (Hons.), B.Pharma (Hons.), M.Sc (Hons.) and M.Sc (Tech) in various disciplines offered Goa and Hyderabad campuses for the commencing session 2014-15.
For more details on programs, please click here.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2014:
- For all programs except B.Pharm (Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For B.Pharm (Hons) Program: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please click here.
Click here for more information on BITSAT related articles.
Application Procedure for BITSAT 2014:
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2014 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also take the print out of the filled form for future reference.
- The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2014 is Rs. 1900/- (Rs. 1400/- for female candidates).
For more details and information on application procedure, please click here.
Click here for information regarding institutes accepting BITSAT score.
Paper Pattern for BITSAT 2014:
- BITSAT-2014 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
- Part I: Physics
- Part II: Chemistry
- Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV: Mathematics
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
- There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
For more details and information on paper pattern, please click here.
Click here for information regarding online test prep for BITSAT.
- Last date for filling the online form along with prescribed fee: Saturday, February 15, 2014.
- Candidates to download the hall tickets with instructions: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 to Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
- Date of BITSAT online exam: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 to Sunday, June 01, 2014.
- Publication of result: first week of July, 2014.
- Declaration of admit list and wait list: Tuesday, July 01, 2014.