Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is India’s leading institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act. With an illustrious legacy, modern campuses and alumni in leadership positions across the world, BITS Pilani has been the institute of choice for top students year after year.
BITS, Pilani has announced the exam dates for BITS Admission Test (BITSAT), which will be conducted in May and June 2014. BITSAT will be held from Wednesday, May 14, 2014 to Sunday, June 01, 2014. The BITSAT is held for taking admission to all the integrated first degree programs of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus for the academic year 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT Exam 2014 –
- For admission to any of the first degree programs of BITS except B.Pharm (Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm (Hons.): Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
For more details and information on BITSAT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for BITSAT Exam 2014–
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2014 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also take the print out of the filled form for your future reference.
- The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2014 is Rs. 1900/- (Rs. 1400/- for female candidates). If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be US $ 50 (or Indian Rs. 3000/-).
- Details for payment of fees are available at the website while applying online.
- Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2014 online along with the fee payment is 15th February 2014.
- Those who register for the test and reserve test dates have to download the ‘Hall ticket’, along with instructions, from BITS website as per the schedule given earlier.
For more details and information on BITSAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for BITSAT Exam 2014 –
BITSAT-2014 will be of total 3 hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
- Part I: Physics
- Part II: Chemistry
- Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV: Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all.
For more details and information on BITSAT paper pattern, please click here.
Important Dates –
- Last date for filling the online form along with prescribed fee: Saturday, February 15, 2014.
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates: Tuesday, February 25, 2014.
- Candidates to reserve test dates: Saturday, March 01, 2014 to Thursday, March 20, 2014.
- Candidates to download the hall tickets with instructions: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 to Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
- Date of BITSAT online exam: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 to Sunday, June 01, 2014.
- Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and preferences to degree programs: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 to Monday, June 30, 2014.
- Declaration of admit list and wait list: Tuesday, July 01, 2014.
For moreinformation about BITSAT exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?