VIT University, Vellore will be conducting a two day national level workshop on Image Classification and Retrieval which is to be held from July 17 to July 18, 2012.
The 2 day national level workshop on Image Classification and retrieval is conducted by the digital media computing division, School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT, Vellore.
Image Classification and retrieval are two major research domains with plenty of applications. Classification of images plays a major role in real world applications like medical imaging, defense applications etc., Image retrieval is another domain wherein the images are retrieved not with respect to keywords but with respect to content.
This workshop caters the needs of all researchers working in image processing domain in general and in image classification and retrieval in specific. In addition, this provides a road map to choose their research problems for beginners.
Topics to be covered:
- Image Classification
- Ontology based Image Retrieval
- Kernel Methods based Approaches on
- Image Classification and Retrieval
- Multimedia based Image Retrieval
Participants are requested to register by filling in the accompanying slip and sending the same to the Organizing coordinators. The registration fee
(non-refundable) is as follows:
- Industry Persons Rs. 1000/-
- Faculty and Research Scholars Rs.750/-
- Students 500/-
- Mode of payment: DD drawn in favor of “VIT University” – payable at Vellore along with the registration form.
- Last date for receipt of application: July 20. 2012
- Intimation of selection: July 24, 2012
- Workshop Dates: July 27-28, 2012
Venue: VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Event Official Site: http://www.vit.ac.in/events2012/dmc.pdf
Prof. Vijayarajan V.
Contact No: 9841101779
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
For more details and information on VIT please visit here.