The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode has announced the exam dates for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2012 which will be held from October to November 2012. The CAT 2012 will be held from Thursday, October 11, 2012 to Tuesday, November 06, 2012.
The CAT 2012 is conducted for taking admission to postgraduate and fellow programs in management courses conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the session commencing in 2013.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2012:
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA awarded by any of the recognized universities or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting Results can also apply.
For more details on the eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for CAT 2012:
- Before registering and scheduling for your test, the candidates are required to purchase a CAT 2012 voucher from any of the selected Axis Bank branches between July 30, 2012 and September 17, 2012.
- Interested candidates can register from July 30, 2012 to September 19, 2012.
- Once the candidate completes the application and choose the “I agree” button, all his/her information will be entered and saved into prometric’s computerized data entry system. After their information has been successfully saved, a copy of the application will be emailed within 24 hours to the email address specified by the candidate.
- Once the candidate’s application has been successfully submitted, he/she can continue the online process to schedule an appointment to take the CAT exam.
For more details on the application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for CAT 2012:
- The test comprises two sections that are separately timed.
- Each of the sections will be 1 hour and 10 minutes (i.e. 70 minutes).
- There will be 30 questions in each section.
- The sections are (a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- Once a section ends, aspirants can no longer go back to it.
- Aspirants will be presented with the section on Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation first, followed by Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
For more details on the paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Sale of vouchers: Monday, July 30, 2012 to Monday, September 17, 2012.
- Date of test: Thursday, October 11, 2012 to Tuesday, November 06, 2012.
- Declaration of Results: Wednesday, January 09, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,