Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM)’s for taking admission to various management programs of IIMs at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam for the session 2015.
2015 CAT Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category) awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting Results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2016 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2016) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
List of Equivalent Qualifications:
Do you like this story?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by UGC recognized university/institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.