Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all India entrance exam conducted for admissions into postgraduate and fellow programs in management. CAT 2014 is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Indore. Apart from IIMs, CATscores are also accepted by several other business and management schools. The CAT test is designed to evaluate the management aptitude of a student by testing his analytical and communication skills. CAT 2014 is conducted in four sessions at 99 test cities comprising 354 examination centers.
2014 CAT exam Eligibility -
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) category) awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting Results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2015 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2015) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
List of Equivalent Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by UGC recognized university/institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
For more details and information about CAT Aptitude Test, please visit here.
Do you like this story?