CAT, a key for admission in 13 IIMs and top B-schools in India is scheduled from 22 0ctober to 18 November, 2011. CAT registration process has commenced from August 17, 2011, there is just 60 days left for the prestigious CAT MBA Entrance Exam. This section is to sharpen yourselves with tips on how to prepare for CAT.
CAT 2011 pattern has changed to 2 sections:
- Data interpretation and Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
CAT 2011 will be a 140-minute exam with 60 questions. The students will be required to answer 30 questions from the first section in 70 minutes. The countdown timer will be exhibited on the screen. Once the time for the first section ends, the students will have to move on to the second section and will not get any options to go back to the previous section.
- The first step towards a success in CAT examination is to understand, plan and execute the preparation procedure for a good attempt.
- There is no possibility to beat up one’s determination, passion and hard work; therefore candidates are advised to have an optimistic approach and high dedication.
- A suitable plan should be made with the help of CAT preparation materials, coaching institutes (if required besides self study), and consultation with experienced experts.
- A thorough understanding of the basic concepts of Mathematics and English help to make up successful attempts in various sections of CAT like Quantitative Aptitude, Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability; and Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
- A sound preparation plan and understanding will definitely bring forth Results for fruitful execution; candidates should not bind themselves to the belief that CAT is a tough entrance examination for Management courses; rather, they should be confident that their practice will free them with flying colors.
- There are many other exams which are conducted that offer management and PGDM courses but CAT, conducted by IIM, is considered one of the best alternatives to choose for the same. Candidates must be therefore aware of all the do’s and dont’s while preparing and appearing for CAT, they should visit the official website, go through all the instructions, look for possible outcomes, search for previous years’ sample papers and look for possible solutions regarding the examination.
- A lot of practice will help in increasing the speed with accuracy, especially of the quantitative section that requires quick thinking and logical intelligence.
- One of the major advises to be given to the candidates appearing for CAT is lot of reading and reading that will inculcate the habit of good comprehension and strengthen the vocabulary required to enhance the score. Reading can be made from daily newspaper (especially editorial section), novels (inspirational), magazines (business), etc.
- Candidates can easily find out their weak areas and focus upon them rather than just working upon the topics of strength.
- Since CAT has gone online, also known as Computer-based test, therefore, it is recommended to the students to appear for online mock tests that will help them to familiarize with the conditions.
- The candidates can find out the paper pattern, important questions and different ways to solve them with the help of reference books available in the market. They can consult with ex-applicants about the materials and techniques to study.
- A high spirit should be maintained while preparing for the CAT examination, it is useful for the candidates to take frequent refreshing brakes in between the continuous study that helps them to re energize.
- All the sections should be carefully understood, candidates should grasp the level of the paper and way to tackle at given specific time.
- Besides the main CAT paper to be performed, candidates should also simultaneously improvise their communication skills by involving themselves in group discussions regarding various topics including current affairs; this will help them to gain plus points in final selection during GD/PI conducted by elite institutions that offer admission through CAT.
Give the necessary boost to your CAT preparations by using the free E books.
Connect with other MBA aspirants, share your doubts and concerns and get your CAT queries answered by CAT experts and Minglebox counselors
Start your CAT preparation with free Online Tests Covering QA, DI and VA to boost your CAT Preparation
Check here for latest updates on CAT 2011
Do you like this story?