Common Admission Test (CAT) which acts as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programs of IIM'S, is expected to be held in the first week of December, 2017 in two sessions. In 2016, Common Admission Test (CAT) has been conducted successfully by IIM Bangalore on Sunday, December 04, 2016, across 138 cities in the country in two sessions. 2.5 lakh MBA aspirants registered for CAT 2016 and 1.95 lakh appeared for the exam. The percentage applicants who appeared were 83.6% which is more than as of previous years.
Paper Pattern for the CAT 2017:
- CAT 2017 shall be conducted in two sessions.
- Two different test forms shall be administered in two test sessions.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
The candidates who appeared for CAT 2016 said that the QA and English sections were comparatively easy as compared to other sections like data interpretation and logical reasoning which were difficult.