The Common Admission Test, popularly known as CAT is an all India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the management programs of its 11 business schools and top MBA schools.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore has announced the exam dates for Common Admission Test (CAT 2014), which will be conducted in November 2014. The Common Aptitude Test will be held on Sunday, November 16, 2014 and Saturday, November 22, 2014.
This year IIM-Indore will be conducting CAT Aptitude Test 2014 for taking admission to various management programs of IIMs.
Eligibility for CAT Exam 2014 -
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Able (DA) category) awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
For more details and information on CAT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for IIM CAT 2014 -
Registration steps to CAT 2014 are as follows:
- Register to create a profile
- Login with system generated user ID and password
- Submit application which includes filling details and making an online payment
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a user ID on email and password on your mobile number. Using these credentials you can log in as existing user to fill out the application form.
For more details and information on CAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for CAT Entrance 2014 -
- Duration of the examination has been increased to 170 minutes from the existing limit of 140 minutes.
- Questions in each section, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning have been increased to 50 in each section from the existing 30 questions.
- Candidates have the flexibility for devoting more or less time to each section according to their ability and they can switch over from one section to another section for the duration of the examination.
Important Dates –
- Start date and end date for CAT registration: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 to Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 56 Days.
- Download of admit card: Thursday, October 16, 2014 till exam date.
- Exam dates for CAT 2014: Sunday, November 16, 2014and Saturday, November 22, 2014 forenoon and afternoon sessions on both days.
- Release of result: 3rd week of December, 2014.
For more information about CAT exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?