The Common Admission Test, popularly known as CAT is an all India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the management programs of IIMs at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam and top MBA schools. The CAT will be held on Sunday, November 29, 2015.
Eligibility for CAT 2015:
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category) awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting Results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the program provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2016 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2016) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
For more details and information on CAT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for CAT 2015:
Registration steps to CAT 2014 are as follows:
- Register to create a profile
- Login with system generated user ID and password
- Submit application which includes filling details and making an online payment
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a user ID on email and password on your mobile number. Using these credentials you can log in as existing user to fill out the application form.
For more details and information on CAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for CAT 2015:
- Duration of the examination has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes.
- There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’. QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
Do you like this story?
- Date of registration: Thursday, August 06, 2015 to Sunday, September 20, 2015.
- Download of admit card: Thursday, October 15, 2015.
- Date of CAT: Sunday, November 29, 2015.
- Declaration of result: second week of January, 2016.