Admission season has begun and admission dates of many colleges are approaching. By this time most of us would have made up our mind for which stream to choose. Infact the class X marks are good indicator for helping us to choose our streams. Science stream has an ever growing popularity among the SSC pass outs.
A huge number of class 10th pass outs join different college and opt for science stream. Only those students choose science subjects who aim to enter into medical, engineering stream, software or who want to pursue research programs. There are 2 factors which we should consider while making subject choice.
Percentage in Class X
Analyze your performance in class X board examination. While even 50% would get you enrolled in science stream, only students with 85% or above will get admission in top colleges of your city.
Area of interest
Studying science subjects requires high level of commitment and focus. So opt for science stream only if you have keen interest in it and you are prepared to study hard for next 2 years.
Subjects offered after Class X
Most of the colleges offer following subjects and their combinations after class X;
- Computer Science
Career options available in science stream
Though a number of students aspire for medical and engineering entrance exams, there are many other career opportunities available for science students. We are giving you some career options as follows:
- Science: One can seek programmes in environmental science, biochemistry, food technology & processing, commercial pilot, molecular biology and geology and fetch good job opportunities in these fields.
- Medical: Medical aspirants can make choice among dentistry, ayurveda, homeopathy, physiotherapy, ophthalmologist, psychiatry, veterinary science and speech and hearing aids
- Engineering: Engineering includes sought after careers in architecture, aeronautical engineering, space technology and biomedical engineering etc.
Competitive entrance exams:
- Competitive Engineering Entrance Exams: Some of the engineering entrance exams for admission to engineering courses in India are AIEEE, JEE, GATE and NATA
- Competitive Medical Entrance Exams: Some of the medical entrance exams for admission to MBBS and dental courses in medical colleges in India include AIPMT, AIMS, AFMC, BHU, CPMT etc.