Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) has announced the exam dates for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2014), which will be conducted in May 2014. The CLAT exam will be held on Sunday, May 11, 2014.
CLAT 2014 is an all India entrance examination, which is conducted on rotation by 14 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs (LL.B and LL.M) for the commencing session 2014-15.
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2014:
- For Under Graduate Programs: A candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates) and should be below 20 years of age as on 1st July 2013 (22 years in case of SC and ST candidates).
- For Post Graduate Programs: A candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC and ST candidates).
Application Procedure for CLAT 2014:
- There is only one mode of application i.e. online which can be accessed by a candidate after registering self on the CLAT website by creating a login account.
- The fees to be remitted while submitting the Online Application Form of CLAT-2014 for General/OBC/PWD and other category candidates is Rs.4000/- (for SC and ST category candidates it is Rs.3500/-), excluding the bank charges or additional transaction costs for remitting the fees offline/online through payment gateways.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for CLAT 2014:
Pattern of the CLAT Paper for Under-Graduate Program
There are a total of 200 questions with a time limit of 2 hours. The total marks are 200 and the exam consists of objective type (Multiple choices) questions only. The exam is divided into 5 parts: English including Comprehension (40 marks), General Knowledge/ Current Affairs (50 marks), Elementary Mathematics (numerical Ability (20 marks), legal Aptitude (50 marks), Logical Reasoning (40 marks).
Pattern of the CLAT Paper for Post-Graduate Program
Duration of examination
Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions
(Covering Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)
(4 questions of 25 marks each)
(Covering all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the BCI for the Under-Graduate Course except Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence)
(50 questions of 1 mark each)
For more details and information on paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Date of issue of first admission notification: Sunday, December 22, 2013
- Date of commencement of accessibility to/submission of online application forms and information brochure: Wednesday, January 01, 2014.
- Last date for submission of filled-in application forms: Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
- Accessibility of admit cards/ hall tickets: Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Date of CLAT 2014: Sunday, May 11, 2014.
- Date of declaration of Results: Saturday, May 31, 2014.
For more details and information about CLAT please visit here.
Do you like this story?