Christian Medical College (CMS), Vellore is conducting the common medical entrance exam for admission to its various undergraduate medical and para-medical courses offered in various disciplines. Christian Medical College (CMS), Vellore is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai and the university offers various under graduate and post graduate medical courses in various levels.
Admission to all the UG and PG medical courses are done through the strictly basis of CMS Vellore common entrance test score. CMC, Vellore is one of the top medical colleges in India. Candidates who are looking for admission into CMC, Vellore can apply for its common entrance test for medical courses.
Eligibility Criteria for CMC Vellore Medical 2013 -
Common eligibility criteria for all courses –
- Candidates should have been born on or before December 31, 1995. This college is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai where the minimum qualification prescribed is an equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English.
- For the MBBS course candidates should have passed in all subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination, (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination in one and the same attempt in the subjects. No “improvement marks” for +2 examination will be considered.
- For candidates who have studied abroad, the equivalency of qualification as determined by the Association of Indian Universities will form the guidelines to determine the eligibility. Please note that these are only guidelines and candidates who have qualified overseas must get in touch with the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University (see website www.tnmmu.ac.in for details).
For MBBS Program –
- A candidate for admission to medical course must have 60% marks at 10+2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together) and have an aggregate of 140/200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English. As per state & University guidelines, 60% in each and 130/200 aggregate for BC and 55% in each and 120/200 aggregate for MBC and 40% in each and 80/200 aggregate for SC/ST candidates).
For B. Sc in Nursing –
- Candidates should have a pass with 45% aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). (Only unmarried Women candidates are eligible to apply)
For BOT, BPT, BMRSc, B. Sc in others –
- Candidates should have a pass in 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
For Diploma in Nursing –
- Candidate should have passed (10+2) plus two or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) examination securing pass with aggregate 40% marks. Unmarried men or women only.
For PG Diploma programs –
- Pass with minimum 50% marks in B. Sc MLT, B. Sc with Biology or Botany/Zoology or Biochemistry or Microbiology as main subject. or B. Sc Physics or Chemistry or from relevant subject as main with Botany or Zoology as ancillary.
For M. Sc Epidemiology –
- Candidates from MBBS/BDS/MPharm / M. Sc. in Nursing/ Biostatistics/ Statistics/Nutrition/Biochemistry/ Anatomy /Physiology/ Pharmacology / Microbiology and other medical related M. Sc’s / MA Social work/ Sociology / Anthropology/ Psychology / Social Psychology /Health Education / BVSc/ BAMS / BUMS/ BHMS/BSMS/MPT/MOT can apply for the exam.
For MD / MS / Diplomas –
- Candidates who have qualified for the M.B.B.S Degree of the Madras University or any other University recognized as equivalent by the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University and the Indian Medical Council and have completed their compulsory rotating residential internship and obtained full registration before 15/05/2013 are eligible to apply for the postgraduate diploma and degree courses.
- Candidates who have qualified for a postgraduate diploma may also apply for the postgraduate degree (MS/MD) course in the same subject. Post Diploma candidates with a diploma in the same subject need to undergo 2 years of training for the degree.
Note - Those who complete a DCP will not have this benefit for MD Pathology. Candidates currently pursuing a postgraduate training program and who complete the same by the 15th of May 2013 only will be eligible to apply.
Residency in Medical Physics –
MSc degree in Medical Physics or a Post-graduate diploma in Hospital Physics (Dip R.P) from BARC, Mumbai.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
For more details and information on CMC Vellore entrance exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?