Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore has announced the exam dates for its own entrance exam, which will be conducted in January 2014. The CMC Vellore entrance exam will be held on Friday, January 24, 2014. CMC Vellore medical entrance exam is conducted for taking admission to postgraduate degree/diploma programs offered in various subjects for the session 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for CMC Vellore Medical Exam 2014 –
Candidates who have qualified for the MBBS degree of the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University or any other university recognized as equivalent by the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University and the Indian Medical Council and have completed their compulsory rotating residential internship and obtained full registration before 15/05/2014 are eligible to apply for the postgraduate diploma and degree courses.
Candidates who are in the 2nd year of their training for a postgraduate diploma course may also apply for the postgraduate degree (MS/MD) course in the same subject. Post Diploma candidates with a diploma in the same subject need to undergo 2 years of training for the degree.
Application Procedure for CMC Vellore Medical Exam 2014–
- Application forms can be accessed only online through the Christian Medical College website http://www.admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in from 1/10/2013.
- Duly filled application forms must be submitted online with a basic administrative fee of Rs.750/- and a registration fee of Rs. 600 per each course before 12 midnight on 8/11/2013.
- All the supporting documents should reach the Office of Registrar, CMC, Vellore - 2 by post on or before 12/11/2013.
- Candidates applying from SAARC countries should send a demand draft for Rs.1500/- or its equivalent and those from other foreign countries, US dollars 100 or its equivalent as administrative fee in addition to the registration fee per course.
For more details and information on JIPMER application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for CMC Vellore Medical Exam 2014 –
Computer Based Test (CBT) will be of 2 types:
- A general paper consisting of multiple choice questions drawn from all subjects taught in the undergraduate medical course.
- A special paper consisting of multiple choice questions in the specialty for which the candidate has applied and subjects allied to it e.g., the paper for E.N.T. may include questions in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, etc., with respect to the ear, nose and throat.
The duration of the general and special papers are 3 hours each (240 questions). All candidates who wish to take the written test are required to be in their assigned seats at the time, date and place stipulated on the hall ticket. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes of the stipulated examination commencement time.
Important Dates –
- Last date for submission of online application form till 12 midnight: Friday, November 08, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of payment proof (applicable only for those who pay by demand draft): Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of relevant supporting documents: Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of relevant sponsorship forms from the sponsoring bodies: Friday, November 15, 2013.
- Hall ticket can be downloaded from the website: Friday, January 10, 2014.
- Step 1:Computer Based Test (CBT) - online test: Friday, January 24, 2014.
- Announcement of list of candidates called for Step 2: Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
- Registration for Step 2 and medical checkup at Vellore: Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
- Step 2: Assessment of skills and knowledge at Vellore: Wednesday, February 12, 2014.
- Announcement of final selection list: Thursday, February 13, 2014.