Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT 2015) is an entry ticket for those candidates who want to take admission into UG and PG courses in the field of Engineering, Science, Law, Medical, Marine offered by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. CUSAT is one of the most reputed universities in Kerala.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) has at present 27 departments of study and research offering graduate and postgraduate programs across a wide spectrum of disciplines in frontier areas of Engineering, Science, Technology, Humanities, Law & Management. CUSAT is open to all Indian nationals with test centres in all district headquarters in Kerala, and in selected centre’s outside Kerala.
Paper Pattern for CUSAT CAT 2015
- The CAT score will be calculated as per the formula, S = 3R - 1W, where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers.
- Negative marks will be given for each wrong answer. In case of a tie, the existing University norms will be followed.
- The CUSAT CAT 2015 comprises of Test for B. Tech and M. Sc Photonics, Lateral Entry Test (LET) for admission to III Semester of the B. Tech course, Aptitude Test for B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.), Test for M.A. Hindi, Aptitude Test for MBA, Aptitude Test for MCA, Test for Biotechnology, Botany, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electronic Science, Engineering Science, Fisheries, Geology, Law (for LL. M), Life Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, M.A. Applied Economics, etc.
- The test pattern will be different for each level. The different test patterns for all the courses are given below
- For B. Tech and M. Sc Photonics: The test paper comprises of 250 objective type questions based on Plus Two syllabus in which 125 questions will be from Mathematics and 125 questions will be from Physics and Chemistry with physics to chemistry ratio maintained at 3:2. The duration of the test will be three hours.
- For Lateral entry to B. Tech: Admission the test paper comprises 200 objective type questions designed to test the proficiency in English (20 questions), Mathematics (50 questions), Engineering Mechanics (40 questions), Engineering Graphics (40 questions) and General Engineering (50 questions). The test shall be of 3 hours duration and the maximum marks will be 600.
- For B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.): The test paper comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test the proficiency in General English (50 questions) ability in reasoning and logical thinking (50 questions) proficiency in General Knowledge and Current affairs (25 questions) and in law related matters (25 questions). The maximum marks will be 450.
- For LL.M. admission: The test paper comprises of two parts:
- Part I – Proficiency in English, Analytical and other abilities and General Knowledge.
- Part II – Proficiency in the related subjects.
- For M.A. in Hindi: The test paper comprises 150 objective type questions at a level answerable by candidates with Hindi as a second language at degree level. It is open to all candidates, subject to their satisfying the respective eligibility criteria prescribed.
- For MBA in IB, TT (Full Time) / (Part Time): The aptitude test paper comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test proficiency in English Language, Tenth level mathematics, reasoning ability and general awareness in the area of Business/ Economics/ Commerce.
- For MCA: The test paper comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test the aptitude and capability of an applicant for pursuing the M.C.A program. About 50% of the questions will be from Mathematics covering areas of Engineering Mathematics / B.Sc. subsidiary level Mathematics while the remaining questions will be to test the ability of the candidate in logical reasoning based on pictures, geometrical figures, patterns of words, Number Sequence, Set Theory, Logic decoding etc.
- For PG Programs: The paper comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test the proficiency of the applicant at the Graduate level in the subject of his / her choice.
- For M.A. Applied Economics: The paper comprises 150 objective type questions designed to test the proficiency of the applicant at the Graduate level in Economics. (50 % of the questions will be from Economics, 15% from Simple Mathematics, 15% from Statistics and 20% General awareness.)
For more details and information about CUSAT CAT 2015, please visit here.
Do you like this story?