Top 10 Distance Learning Universities/Colleges in India
Given the increasing popularity of Distance learning, especially the Distance MBA programs, the number of institutes offering courses through distance mode is also on a rise in India. Today, students and working professionals can get some of the courses from the best schools through distance mode. However, not many are aware of distance learning opportunities and the best distance learning institutes. If you are an aspirant of distance learning program, be sure to choose the best institute. Given below is the list of top 10 distance learning universities/ colleges ranked on parameters such as reach and resources, learning and experience and Results and efficiency:
(1) Institute of Management Technology, Centre for Distance Learning, IMT-CDL, Ghaziabad is a global integrated business school known for its contribution to management education, business leadership and corporate excellence. They aim to serve society and enhance the quality of life through excellence and leadership in management education, research and consultancy, as an academic community which is outward-looking and committed to innovation and life-long learning.
(2) School of Distance Learning Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (SDLNMIMS), an extended arm of S.V.K.M’s NMIMS University has been growing by leaps and bounds in the past few years. However, there has been no compromise on quality. All the programmes are highly flexible, and emphasize self paced learning.
(3) Prin.L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai was established 1977 with a focus on giving a new dimension to business studies. It is part of the Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali, which has 43 prominent institutions across the country under its purview. It is one of the leading management institutes of India. The institute has been in the fore-front of advancement in business education.
(4) Symbiosis College of Distance Learning (SCDL), Pune was established in 2001. SCDL is one of the largest autonomous distance learning education institute in India, recognized by Distance Education Council, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. SCDL provides quality education to thousands of students in India and abroad. The student enrolment has grown exponentially during the past few years today with more than 2,53,577 across 48 countries including India, US, UK, Middle East, Russia, Germany, Singapore, Japan and many more making it one of the few large and most sought after distance learning institutes of India.
(5) Amity School of Distance Learning (ASoDL), Noida has been providing world-class Distance Education to thousands of students and working professionals across India, since the last 6 years. It is a matter of great pride that the excellent quality of course material, faculty, delivery methodology and student support services have been recognized and that Amity has been ranked the No.1 institute for Distance Learning by the prestigious Survey (Source: Times of India).
(6) Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University (ICFAI), Tripura, (referred to hereafter as the University) was established in 2004 through an Act of State Legislature (Tripura Act 8 of 2004). The University has been approved by the University Grants Commission, under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.The University is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, London, the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi and the Federation of Universities, India.
(7) Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education (SMU-DE), Manipal was established in 2001 by the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences as part of its efforts to bring education to the masses to fulfill the growing demand for professionals. The programs offered by SMU are recognized by the Distance Education Council of the Government of India. Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1995, and is a unique venture between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Group.
(8) Indira Gandhi National Open University (with international recognition and presence, provide seamless access to sustainable and learner-centric quality education, skill upgradation and training to all by using innovative technologies and methodologies and ensuring convergence of existing systems for large-scale human resource development, required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding. ), Delhi,
(9) Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education, Chennai was established in 1979 offers four hundred and one different programmes of study under the Regular Stream. It is credited with the largest enrolment in India and is well equipped with computer and other infrastructure, adequate teaching faculty and administrative set-up of its own, study centres, computer training centres and many more to serve its students' clientele in their best interest at their door steps.All the programmes of study offered by the Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
(10) Maharshi Dayanand University, Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), Rohtak was established through an Act of Legislative Assembly of Haryana in 1976 with a specific objective to establish and incorporate a teaching-cum-affiliating University at Rohtak for the encouragement of interdisciplinary higher education and research with special emphasis on studies of Life Sciences and Environmental and Ecological Sciences.DDE has expanded tremendously in terms of programmes, enrolment and study centers.DDE is housed in a spacious building , which is properly ventilated and easily approachable. It has got invaluable participation and co-operation of the University Authority, , DEC, NCTE & Statutory Bodies associated with Distance Education Systems.
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Related Question and Answer