Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) is an entrance examination which is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad. This examination is essential to acquire admissions for various engineering and medical colleges. The exam Results are declared every year after admission and counseling process. The students are provided multiple choice questions for the exams.
Eligibility Criteria for EAMCET 2013:
Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for EAMCET:
- Candidates should be of India Nationality or Persons of India Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local / non – local status requirements.
- For Engineering, Bio- Technology, B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech (Ag. Engineering) and for 50% seats in B. Pharmacy B.Tech (Food Science and Technology (FST) /B.Sc (Commercial Agri & Business Mgt. (CA & BM)) Courses:
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) with Mathematics, Physics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology as optional or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidate should obtain at least 45% of marks (40% for reserved category candidates) in the subjects specified taken together at 10+2
- In the case of Engineering and Pharmacy courses, candidates should have completed 16 years of age, as on 31st December of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- In the case of B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.Tech. (Agr. Engineering), B.Tech. (FST) and B.Sc. (CA & BM), Candidates should have completed 17 years of as on 31st December of the year of admission and an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates and 25 years in respect of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates as on 31st December of the year Admissions.
- For B.Sc. (Agriculture) /B.Sc. (Hort.) /B.V.Sc. & A.H. /B.F.Sc. and for remaining 50% seats in B.Tech. (FST) /B.Sc. (CA &BM) Courses: Candidates should have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) or any examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh with any two /three of the subjects indicated against each course noted in the EAMCET’s website
Application Procedure for EAMCET 2013:
- Applications will be submitted ONLINE only.
- After filling the ONLINE EAMCET 2013 form and payment of fees, the candidates should verify the information filled and ‘SUBMIT’ the form.
- Then the printable version of the form will be shown now with a unique REGISTRATION NUMBER per candidate which is to be saved till the admission process of EAMCET 2013 is complete.
- The qualifying marks in EAMCET 2013 will be 40 out of 160 for all the candidates except the SC and ST. There will be no minimum qualifying mark for them. However, the seats will be allotted to the SC and ST candidates according to the reservation for them.
- The candidates who have any objection regarding the Results of EAMCET 2013 can call for re-evaluation and request for photocopy of OMR answer sheet after paying Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- resp. (General/BC) and Rs. 200/- and Rs. 400/- resp. (ST/SC).
- Every candidate will be sent an individual score card of EAMCET 2013 and he/she should preserve the rank card, online filled application form and Hall Ticket for the round of counseling.
- In case any candidate loses his/her Rank Card, then a duplicate one will be issued to him/her after the payment of a DD of Rs.100/- of any nationalized bank payable at Hyderabad.
Paper Pattern for EAMCET 2013:
The EAMCET engineering entrance exam lasts for a duration of 3 hours and the question paper consists of 160 questions in total comprising of 80 questions in Mathematics, 40 questions in Physics and 40 questions in Chemistry respectively.
- The EAMCET 2013 Application Forms will be released around the 2nd Week of February, 2013.
- Date of EAMCET exam: Friday, May 10, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
Do you like this story?