Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantpur on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) has announced the exam dates for Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET), which will be conducted in May 2016. ECET will be held on Monday, May 09, 2016. The ECET is held for taking admission to lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.E. and B.Tech Courses in All India Council for Technical Education approved Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) and University Engineering Colleges and lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.Pharmacy Courses in Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) and University Pharmacy Colleges approved by Pharmacy Council of India for the seats specifically earmarked for Diploma holders and B.Sc degree holders for the academic year 2016-17.
Eligibility Criteria for ECET 2016:
- They should be of Indian nationality.
- They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- They should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State or any other Diploma recognized by the Government of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm programs into the courses corresponding to the Diplomas.
For more details and information on ECET eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for ECET 2016:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Payment of registration fee can be done by either of the two methods:
- AP Online/E-Seva/Mee-Seva
- Debit/Credit Card
For more details and information on ECET application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for ECET 2016:
- The entrance test is of three hours duration and question paper consists of total 200 questions as per scheme of entrance.
- All questions will be objective type (Multiple choices only).
- Each question carries one mark.
- Timings of test are 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
For more details and information on ECET paper pattern, please click here.
- Commencement of uploading online applications: Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
- Last date for uploading online application without fine: Monday, March, 28, 2016.
- Last date for uploading online applications with fine (Rs.1000/-):Saturday, April 16, 2016.
- Last date for uploading online applications with fine (Rs.5000/-): Saturday, April 23, 2016.
- Date of AP ECET: Monday, May 09, 2016.