Engineering in India
IITJEE 2013: The complete story
The common engineering entrance exam, JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) will be conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) next year for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in 2 parts – JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. The top 1.5 lakh students across all categories will be shortlisted from JEE Main to appear for JEE Advanced for admission to IITs.
Admission to various branches of IITs will be done on the basis of category-wise AIR (All India Rank) obtained in JEE-Advanced, provided that such students fall in the top 20 percentile category of their respective boards or Class XII exam. For admission to NITs, 40% weightage will be given to Class XII board marks (normalized) and remaining 60% would be for JEE-Main score. Both the scores will be combined to finalize the All India Rank.
This norm would be applicable to all participating institutes and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs).
Further the board has decided that if a state chooses to enroll students in engineering institutes affiliated to state universities which requires a separate merit list prepared on the basis of relative weightage approved by it, then a merit list will be prepared considering the same.
The board has also decided to conduct JEE-Main in regional languages on request of several state level engineering colleges and universities. Though, JEE-Advanced will be held only in English and Hindi medium.
The minimum educational qualification for taking JEE-Main 2013 includes- a candidate must have qualified Class XII exam or its equivalent known as qualifying exam. Those taking their Class XII board exams or its equivalent in 2013 can also appear for JEE Main provisionally.
JEE-main will comprise of objective type questions with 4 options of which only 1 will be a correct answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for an unanswered question.
JEE Main offline exam: April 7, 2013
JEE Main online exam: between April 8 and 30, 2013
JEE-Advanced - Offline exam: June 2, 2013.
The application forms will be made available online only. There will not be any sale of printed application forms. Also forms can be filled online only.
Candidates can access JEE-Main application forms on JEE-Main official website www.jeemain-edu.in from November 1, 2012. CBSE will publish a list of facilitation centers at the time of releasing application forms to help students in filling up the application forms.
Source: Times of India
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Do you like this story?
You may also like to read
Related Question and Answer