A dashing career where one can procure due credits for style and creativity. Fashion designing is fast becoming a serious profession even within the conventional domains in the country filliped by the extension of the mass media. Fashion Designershave their own creative style of dressing and believe in setting trends rather than following trends by others. If colors, textures and images turn you on, its about time to pick up that drawing board and let your imagination flow! If one is creative and artistic enough to add some style to otherwise cognate items, one can take up a career in fashion designing. The major functional areas in the industry are designing, merchandising, popularizing and marketing of the various styles and products. Apart from sufficing the tangible needs of the people the zooty career also promises recognition, success and impressive pay package.
- There are several Graduate, Post graduate, Certificate and Diploma courses in Fashion Designing.
- Minimum eligibility for the Undergraduate course in this field is 10+2 while a Undergraduate is entitled to apply for post graduate courses.
- Admission to these courses is made through written test, group discussion and interview.
- Students can choose any specific one from several courses available in areas such as Accessory & Jewelry Design, modeling, garment designing, leather design, interior design, Textile Technology, Textile Design, Footwear design & allied subjects.
- The demand for fashion designers are on the rise with our societies coming in terms with urbanization where indigenous cultures and mores are taken over by people's enterprising sense of adopting a refreshing lifestyle.
- Fashion designers will never run out of work opportunities. One can find employment in a company that manufactures fashion items like buttons, scarves, broaches and hairclips. One can also find employment in a company manufacturing jewellery items. Gili, Enchante, Nakshatra, Oyzter Bay , Tanishq and De Beers are renowned names in jewellery designing.
- Foot wear manufacturing companies employ designers to innovate new varieties of shoes for their companies.
- Leather manufacturing companies that produce wallets, belts and handbags employ fresher in their companies.
- One can also freelance as an Accessory Designer for a domestic company or an export house.
- Alternately, one can become self-employed by setting up a designer boutique of one’s own. The prospects increase in this field with increase in experience.
- As a trainee Jewellery Designer, one can expect a modest salary of Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 8,000.
- A higher salary of Rs. 10,000 is expected when one’s job is confirmed.
- In a reputed firm, one will get a salary of anything between Rs. 15,000 and Rs. 25,000 per month.
- A price as high as Rs. 50,000 can be quoted by one on gaining experience and having made a name for oneself.
- A fresher in Garment Designing can start with a monthly package of Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 14,000.
- With an experience of around two years, one’s salary would increase to the range of Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 and it is stationed to increase with experience.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
Do you like this story?