Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur has announced the exam dates for online Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2014), which will be conducted in February-March 2014. The online GATE exam will be held on February 2nd, 15th, 16th, March 1st and 2nd, 2014.
GATE is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Co-coordinating Board-GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), and Government of India. The test will be conducted in all the 7 IITs and IISc, Bangalore. Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an online Computer Based Test (CBT).
Eligibility Criteria for online GATE 2014:
- B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm candidates currently in the 4th year or already completed are eligible to apply.
- Candidate currently in the 4th year of B.S degree or already completed are eligible to apply.
- Candidates year of qualification cannot be later than 2014.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for online GATE 2014:
- For GATE 2014, all candidates’ related information will be available in a single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Candidates have to register and fill the application via online mode only by accessing any of the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs.
- The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled online application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photograph affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE offices along with necessary documents, if any, on or before October 10, 2013.
Note: Application forms are not available for sale anywhere else.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for online GATE 2014:
- The question paper for GATE 2014 will consist of questions of multiple-choice type and questions of numerical answer type.
- For multiple choice type questions, candidates have to choose the answer from the given choices. For numerical answer type questions, choices will not be given.
- Candidates have to enter a number as the answer using a virtual keypad.
- Date of online GATE exam: February 2nd, 15th, 16th, March 1st and 2nd, 2014.
- Date of result declaration: Friday, March 28, 2014.
For more details and information about online GATE please visit here.
Do you like this story?