How to Apply for GATE
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to diverse science and technology PG programs in India. Administration and conduction of the exam is supervised jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India.
How to Apply for GATE 2014–
All candidates have to apply online. Details of the application fee and the steps in the application process are given below. The application fee is non-refundable.
General/OBC (Male candidates)
Women candidates of any category
(General/OBC) other candidates
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates
- *PwD: Person with a Physical Disability.
- Depending on the mode of payment (net-banking/challan) additional charges will be applicable.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) –
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE office. With this interface you can -
- Do enrolment using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee through net-banking or indicate your option for payment through bank challan (State Bank of India or Syndicate Bank)
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the zonal GATE offices in case of any queries/problems
- Download admit card
- View your responses, marks and GATE score
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Length of the password should be 8-15 characters. Please note that \a, \b, \n, \r, \t, \\ are not permitted in the password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Filling in Application Online –
- GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective zonal GATE offices or from the website of the GATE 2014 organizing institute.
- Enrolment: You must first enroll yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE offices will be sent to this address (Do not use anybody else’s e-mail address. Only one person can register with one e-mail address). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. Length of the password should be 8-15 characters. The following are not permitted: \a, \b, \n, \r, \t, \\
- GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon enrolment, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2014 related communications/website operations.
- Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- Good quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements
- Details of a valid ID proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Optional: Your net-banking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net-banking mode. Alternately, you may wish to pay via the challan mode.
- Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature. Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
- You will have to select one of the two payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
- Before you make the payment, you have to carefully check for any errors or missing data.
- Once you press “Submit & Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made.
- After processing “Submit & Proceed to Payment” you will be taken to payment option where you may choose offline or via Net-banking option. Candidates who have selected via net-banking option will follow the instructions for online net-banking, in the payment section and complete the payment process. Those who have selected the challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step “Proceed Next for PDF Download”.
- You will then see two links namely “Download Challan for Payment” and “Download Filled Application”. You have to download the PDF files from these links and print the files. In case if you have opted payment via net-banking, you will have to download only filled in application form from “Download Filled Application”. The download application form will contain two pages as mentioned below.
- Page 1: Instructions to the candidate and address slip where you need to send the hard copy.
- Page 2: The application form. Note that the bottom part may contain the certificate to be signed by the college principal or may be left blank (depending on your eligibility status).
- Those who opted offline payment: Optional page for candidates who select “Offline” mode of payment (as against the net-banking). This page will contain 3 copies of the challan to be processed with the respective banks (SBI or Syndicate Bank).
- Problems in Login into GOAPS: This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrolment ID or did not receive the Enrolment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
- In case of forgotten Enrolment ID or non-receipt of Enrolment ID via email, candidate must provide mobile number and email address. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
- In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide mobile number, email and Enrolment ID, which will be verified and a “one time password” (OTP) will be sent via email and SMS using which candidate can reset new GOAPS password.
- In case of forgotten both Enrolment ID and password, candidate must provide mobile number and email address. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Google+
For more information about GATE, please visit here.
Do you like this story?
Relevant pages for Application for GATE
.. , Online Application form for GATE 2012 , Online Examination for GATE Tweet Add Comment Do you like this story.. ..? Enter the letters shown below: Relevant pages for Application for GATE Application for GATE.. .. | Online Application for .. , Online Application form for GATE 2012 , Online..
...ac.in/iitweb/ Important Dates for GATE : Last date for submission of application form is 24th October, 2011.. ..: 15 Sep 2011 Applications invited by Indian Institutes of Technology for.. .. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for admission into Master..
..: 500 - You have 500 characters left. Submit Application procedure for GATE.. .. View All Relevant Answers for - application procedure I m interested to.. .. APPLICATION PROCEDURE/WEB SITE FOR MBBS 2012 By k..
.. - gate exam What is the concession in marks for scedule caste students in NEET EXAM 2013.. ... Design , so for non gate admission ... By avinash86525 , On 02 Mar 12 , Be.. .. ... By ushma34741 , On 22 Feb 12 , Be the first to answer notification about non gate exam for m..
.. filled in GATE 2011 Application was Tuesday, 02nd November, 2010.. .. ? - minglebox GATE Graduate Aptitude Test You are here.. .. @minglebox GATE Home GATE QnA GATE Results GATE Institutes..
..? - minglebox GATE Graduate Aptitude Test You are here.. .. @minglebox GATE Home GATE QnA GATE Results GATE Institutes.. .. VITEEE CETK MHTCET COMEDK EAMCET TNEA UPSEE GATE Study Abroad Medical UG..
.. issue application for mtec PGCET 2011-2012 for electrical branch.. .. electrical branch - minglebox GATE Graduate Aptitude Test You are here.. .. @minglebox GATE Home GATE QnA GATE Results GATE Institutes..
... Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, the organizing institute for GATE.. ... A total of 7, 77,134 candidates registered for GATE 2012 and 6, 86.. .. who appeared for GATE 2012 were from four papers..
.. 2012 Offline Exam Dates GATE 2012 Application form Education News.. .. | GATE Admissions 2012 | How to Apply for GATE.. .. Science have jointly announced the dates for GATE which will be conducted in February 2012..
.. Dates GATE 2012 Application form Education News Minglebox.com Launches.. .. | GATE Admissions 2012 | How to Apply for GATE.. .. Science have jointly announced the dates for GATE which will be conducted in January 2012..
Graduate Aptitude Test
No results? Submit your query and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Related Question and Answer
I want to do M.TECH in metallurgy
On Birsa institute of technology ,
On 09 Dec 13
, 1 answers
Hi Sunil, Thanks for writing to Minglebox.com Birsa Institute of Technology, Sindri offers M.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering program with Physical Metallurgy and Process Metallurgy as specializations. The...
How can i joint phd in banking? what is the process of admission?
On Shivaji University,
On 26 Sep 13
, 1 answers
Hi Satyen, Thanks for writing to Minglebox.com Shivaji University offers Ph.D in Banking program. If you are seeking admission to the Ph.D degree, then you shall apply to the Director, Board of College and...
Pls advise how to do PhD in commerce?
On Shivaji University,
On 26 Sep 13
, 1 answers
Hi Mitresh, Thanks for writing to Minglebox.com Shivaji University offers Ph.D in Commerce program. If you are seeking admission to the Ph.D degree, then you shall apply to the Director, Board of College and...
When to fill the gate application form for panjab university?
On Panjab University, Chandigarh,
On 02 Sep 13
, Be the first to answer
I would like to know the dates and the admission procedure for m.Phi in biotechnology in ...
On Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Graduate Centre ,
On 01 Aug 13
, 1 answers
Hi Ahuti, Thanks for writing to Minglebox.com Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University offers full time and part time M.Phil programs. Admission to M.Phil programs shall be through an Entrance Test (Dr. BRAURESET) conducted...