How to Apply for GATE 2015?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to diverse science and technology PG programs in India. Administration and conduction of the exam is supervised jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India.
How to Apply for GATE 2015 -
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS):
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE office. With this interface you can
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Filling in Application Online:
1) GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2015 organizing institute.
2) Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (Do not use anybody else’s e-mail address. only one person can register with one e-mail address). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the enrollment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
3) GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
4) Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
5) Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo, signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal). Check the correctness of the photo and your signature and documents that are uploaded. If the uploaded soft copy is not correct or you are not satisfied with the quality of the soft copy, you may upload them again.
6) You will have to select the payment option (details given below) while filling the online form.
7) The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again.
8) Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
9) Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
10) For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
11) Problems in Login into GOAPS - This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrollment ID or did not receive the Enrollment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
Application Fee Payment Options:
The application fee and various payment options are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable. All charges given below are in Indian Rupees.
Click here for more details on how to apply for GATE 2015
You may also like to read
Related Question and Answer