What all materials to be brought at exam venue
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) is a standard test for admissions to various graduate schools based in United States, other English speaking countries and business program and graduate programs taught in English across the globe. The test was developed by ETS (Educational testing Service) in 1949. The objective of the exam is to test candidate’s skill in quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing. The GRE test is an online test. The GRE test scores are accepted by numerous business and graduate schools worldwide. GRE scores are valid for 5 years. ETS can send your GRE scores to four universities chosen by you.
Documents and material that has to be brought to the exam venue
On Test Day
Test Center Procedures and Regulations
- Dress so that you can adapt to any room temperature.
- Test centers do not have large waiting areas. Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center will not be permitted to wait in the test center or be in contact with you while you are taking the test. Except for ETS-authorized observers, visitors are not permitted in the testing room while testing is in progress.
- ID verification at the test center may include thumbprinting, photographing, videotaping or some other form of electronic ID confirmation. If you refuse to participate, you will not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your registration and test fees. This is in addition to the requirement that you must present acceptable and valid identification.
- If an institution that you have designated to receive your scores requests to see your photograph taken at the test center, ETS will send that photo or other information in ETS's files to that institution as necessary to detect or prevent unlawful activity and to protect the integrity of the GRE test.
- Food, drinks and tobacco are not allowed in the testing room.
- If you have health-related needs that require you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs(PDF).
- Do not bring cell phones, smartphones (e.g., BlackBerry®, iPhone®), PDAs and other electronic or photographic devices into the test center.If you do, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores will be canceled even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. Test administrators are not permitted to collect and hold cell phones or other devices. If you are seen using any of these electronic devices and/or transmitting data, including but not limited to text messaging, e-mail and photographs, your device may be inspected and/or confiscated.
- Personal items other than identification documents are not allowed in the testing room. You will be required to follow the procedures set by the test center for storage of your personal belongings. You may also be asked to empty your pockets. Storage space is limited, so plan accordingly. You will not have access to your personal items during the test. Personal items such as hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear that are taken into the test room are subject to inspection by the test administrator. Failure to comply may result in dismissal from the test and/or cancellation of scores.
- Neither ETS nor the test centers assume any responsibility whatsoever for personal items or devices that you choose to bring into the test center.
- The test administrator will assign you a seat.
- On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator or ETS’s control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test appointment. In the event that a technical problem at the test center makes it necessary to cancel your test session, or if it is later determined that your scores could not be reported, you will be offered the opportunity to schedule another test appointment free of charge or receive a full refund of the original test fee. In addition, you may seek reimbursement from ETS for reasonable and documented expenses associated with traveling to the test center, even though technical problems are generally not the fault of ETS. To request reimbursement, contact GRE Services with the following information within 30 days of your original appointment: your name, date of birth, mailing address, daytime telephone number, e-mail address, original test date and registration or CBT appointment number, and a brief description of what occurred at the test center. All reimbursements will be made in U.S. dollars.
- ETS reserves the right to take appropriate action and/or notify appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, law enforcement authorities, if a test taker responds in a threatening or disturbing way to essay questions or communicates with ETS either verbally or in writing in a threatening or disturbing manner.
For Computer-based Tests Only
The following procedures and regulations apply during the entire test session, which begins at sign-in, ends at sign-out and includes breaks.
- If you requested and received an authorization voucher from ETS, you must take it with you to the test center.
- You will be required to write (not print) and sign a confidentiality statement at the test center. If you do not complete and sign the statement, you cannot test and your test fees will not be refunded.
- ETS reserves the right to ensure the security of test content by using electronic detection scanning devices (e.g., hand-held metal detectors/wands). Failure to comply may result in dismissal from the test and forfeiture of your test fees.
- You may be required to sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- You may be asked to remove your watch and to store it during the test administration.
- The test administrator will provide you with scratch paper that may be replenished after you have used all pages of the scratch paper initially given to you. You may not take your own scratch paper to the test, nor may you remove scratch paper from the testing room at any time. Scratch paper is provided to assist test takers in working out problems and for appropriate note taking during timed sections of the test. Scratch paper should NOT be used during breaks or before the test. At the conclusion of the test, you will be required to return all scratch paper to the test administrator.
- If at any time during the test you have a problem with your computer, or for any reason need the administrator, raise your hand.
- Testing premises are subject to videotaping.
- The GRE revised General Test includes an optional 10-minute break after the third section and one-minute breaks between the remaining sections of the test. These break times cannot be exceeded. You are required to remain in the test center building or in the immediate area.
- If you need to leave your seat at any time other than the break, raise your hand; timing of the section will not stop.
- You will have access to an on-screen calculator during the Quantitative Reasoning sections.
- Personal calculators are not permitted in the testing room.
- You will be able to view your unofficial Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning scores at the test center.
- Because of the essay scoring process, you will not be able to view your Analytical Writing scores at the time you test.
- Test centers cannot provide printed copies of unofficial score reports.
For Paper-based Tests Only
The following procedures and regulations apply during the entire test session, which begins when you are admitted to the test center, ends when you leave the test center and includes breaks.
- Test administrators will not honor requests for schedule changes.
- Take your admission ticket and identification document(s) to the test center.
- Take three or four sharpened soft-lead (No. 2 or HB) pencils and a good eraser. Pencils and erasers will not be supplied at the center. Mechanical pencils and pens are not permitted.
- No test taker will be admitted after test materials have been distributed.
- With the exception of your admission ticket, paper of any kind is not permitted in the testing room.
- You must have the test administrator’s permission to leave the room during the test. Any time lost cannot be made up. You are required to remain in the test center building or in the immediate area.
- You may wish to pace yourself with your own watch, but the test administrator is the official timekeeper. Watch alarms are not permitted to track time.
- You may work only on the test section designated by the test center supervisor and only for the time allowed. You will not be permitted to continue the test or any part of it beyond the established time limit.
- You will write your essay responses and enter your answers to test questions in the test book, rather than on a separate answer sheet.
- You will be provided with an ETS calculator to use during the Quantitative Reasoning sections.
- You may not use your own personal calculator.
- At the end of the test you will be required to return your test book to the test administrator. This material is the property of ETS.
- The GRE revised General Test includes a 10-minute break after the second Analytical Writing section. This break time cannot be exceeded.
- At the end of the test, you will be given the option to cancel your scores.
Dismissal from a Test Center
A test administrator is authorized to dismiss you from a test session and/or your scores may be withheld and ultimately canceled for any actions that violate the policies and procedures set forth herein and/or communicated at the test center including, but not limited to:
- attempting to take the test for someone else or having someone else take the test for you
- failing to provide acceptable identification
- obtaining improper access to the test, a part of the test or information about the test
- having any prohibited device in your possession in the test center. Cell phones, smartphones [e.g., BlackBerry® or iPhone®], PDAs and other electronic and photographic devices are not permitted in the test center. If you bring them into the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores will be canceled even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. Test administrators are not permitted to collect and hold cell phones or any other devices. If you are seen using any of these devices and/or transmitting data, including but not limited to text messaging, e-mail and photographs, your device may be inspected and/or confiscated.
- using any aids in connection with the test, including, without limitation: mechanical pencils, mechanical erasers, pens, pagers, beepers, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, unauthorized scratch paper, rulers, highlighter pens, stereos or radios with headphones, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), stopwatches, dictionaries, translators, compasses, protractors and any handheld electronic or photographic devices.
- creating a disturbance (Disruptive behavior in any form will not be tolerated; the test administrator has sole discretion in determining what constitutes disruptive behavior.)
- attempting to give or receive assistance — Communication in any form is not permitted during the test administration. Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during during the test administration, including breaks, and after the test administration, is prohibited.
- removing or attempting to remove test content from the test center. Under no circumstances may test content or any part of the test content be removed, reproduced, and/or disclosed by any means (e.g., hard copy, verbally, electronically) to any person or entity.
- tampering with a computer
- attempting to remove scratch paper from the computer-based testing room or using scratch paper during untimed sections of the test or during breaks
- bringing a weapon or firearm into the test center
- bringing food, drinks or tobacco into the testing room
- leaving the test center vicinity during the test session or during breaks
- leaving the testing room without permission
- taking excessive or extended unscheduled breaks during the test session. Test center administrators are required to strictly monitor unscheduled breaks and report test takers who take excessive or extended breaks.
- referring to, looking through, or working on any test, or test section, when not authorized to do so, or working after time has been called
- failing to follow any of the test administration regulations contained in the GRE® Bulletin (PDF), given by the test administrator or specified in any test materials
ETS reserves the right to take all action — including, but not limited to, barring you from future testing and/or withholding or canceling your scores — for failure to comply with test administration regulations or the test administrator's directions. If your scores are canceled, they will not be reported and your fees will not be refunded.
Although tests are administered under strict supervision and security measures, testing irregularities may sometimes occur. Please contact ETS as soon as possible to report any observed behavior that may lead to an invalid score — for example, someone copying from another test taker, taking a test for someone else, having access to test questions before the exam, or using notes or unauthorized aids. All information will be held in strictest confidence.
Phone: 1-609-406-5430, 1-800-353-8570(United States only)
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
For more details and information on GRE click here.
Do you like this story?
Relevant pages for Materials to be brought at Exam Venue
.. process to be revamped, high cut-offs may soon become history TRITI Manpower.. .. fest 94% teachers failed to qualify CTET CBSE Proficiency Test to be.. .. Hyderabad for BA/B.Com Fresher’s Indian companies prove to be better..
... * Storage to be provided for all material brought by the company during the three days of the event.. ... * Storage to be provided for all material brought by the company during the three days of the event.. ... * Storage to be provided for all material brought by the company during the..
..: Home Engineering QnA i want to join lateral entry b.e.. .. 9727 or write to us at email@example.com Ask The Expert | View Profile NIIT University Counselor.. ... To know more about the Enginnering programs at NIIT University call us..
.... ..) has announced the exam dates for MICAT 2012 exam which will be held in the month of March, 2012.. .. Exam Dates Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2012 JNU to commence admission.. .. Guindy, Anna University, Chennai Exams knocking at the doorstep; some CBSE..
... Now the best thing would be solve one question to clarify the modus.. .. paragraph of is to glorify crosswords. Author appears to be a very ardent fan.. ... This appears to be in flow with the information offered in the passage..
..NMAT-MBA-EXAM | NMAT 2011 Dates, Registration, Study Material, Results.. ..... How to prepare for NMAT 2012 exam? By sachin55769 , On 07 Jun 11 , 1.. ... The exam will be held online, so candidates should..
..? By promod88938 , On 07 Jun 11 , 1 answers "The candidates will have to apply online for NMAT 2012 exam.. .. be disclosed in the month of September 2011 after the commencement of registration for the exam.. .. answers "The result for NMAT 2012 will be announced within 4 to 5 weeks after the candidate has tested..
... The Class XII UP Board exams which were conducted from March 16 to April 20 had over 26.. .. introduce a single common entrance exam for admission to undergraduate.. ... This means that the government's single entrance exam will be restricted..
.. & Technology festival at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi KEE 2012 Exam.. .. promises to be bigger and better than ever before as it undergoes a.. .. advancement at its best, and food for thought for all, Tryst 2012 hopes to leave..
.. & Placements IBM India Pvt. Ltd to conduct Walk-in Interview at Mohali for B. Tech.. ... Ltd to conduct Walk-in Interview at Mohali for B. Tech/M. Tech / MCA Fresher’s Published On.. .. conducts Walk-in Interviews at Noida for .. .. Center for Excellence to..
No results? Submit your query and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Related Question and Answer