GSAT is an all India entrance exam, which is conducted by GITAM University every year. It is known as the GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT). The GSAT is held for taking admission to for taking admission to undergraduate, integrated and postgraduate programs for the academic year 2014-15. GSAT will be held on Friday, May 09, 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for GSAT Exam 2014 –
- For M.Sc. Applied Mathematics: B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects; and Maths & Physical Sciences in Intermediate or 10+2 level.
- For Physics: B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and any other subject.
- For M.Sc. Electronics Science: B.Sc. with Electronics/Physics, Mathematics and any other subject.
- For M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects.
- For M.Sc. Organic Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects.
- For Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science & Technology: Any two of the following subjects in B.Sc: Agriculture, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Genetics, Home Science, Medical Lab Technology, Microbiology, Zoology, B.Tech. Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering, B.Pharmacy, BPT (B.A Home Science eligible for M.Sc. Food Science & Technology only).
For more details and information on GSAT eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for GSAT Exam 2014 –
- Applications can be downloaded from GITAM website www.gitam.edu.
- Applications can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs. 350/- (inclusive of test fee Rs. 300/-) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request by post will be accepted till 21st April 2014.
- Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.300/- for each test.
For more details and information on GSAT application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for GSAT Exam 2014 –
Course into which admission is sought
Test Code No.
Subject of the Test
BEM/5 year integrated M.Sc
Mathematics or Biology, Physics and Chemistry (or) Environmental education
In each test, there will be altogether 60 multiple choice questions from the syllabus which can be downloaded from GITAM website www.gitam.edu.
For more details and information on GSAT paper pattern, please click here.
Important Dates –
- Last date for receipt of application form: Thursday, May 01, 2014.
- Date of GSAT: Friday, May 09, 2014.
- Date of result declaration: 4th week of May, 2014.
- Counseling date: Thursday, June 05, 2014.
For moreinformation about GSAT exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?