IIT, Madras has announced the exam dates for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM-2016), which will be conducted in February 2016. JAM is conducted for taking admission to 2 years Master of Science (M.Sc), joint M.Sc-Doctor f Philosophy (Ph.D), M.Sc-Ph.D dual degree M.Sc-Master of Technology (M.Tech), M.Sc-MS (by research), other post-bachelor’s degree and Ph.D dual degree programs at the IITs in Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kanpur, Jodhpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee and Ropar and integrated Ph.D programs at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students from across the country for the academic session 2016. However, JAM score may also be used by other Institutions for admission to their programs.
How to Apply for IIT JAM 2016?
- Candidates can apply for JAM 2016 ONLINE only through JOAPS (JAM online Application Processing System).
- JOAPS (JAM online Application Processing System):
- The candidates can do most of their interactions with JAM through the JOAPS interface provided at JAM 2016 website. Through JOAPS, a candidate can register and apply for JAM 2016, check the status of the application, download of admit card, know the result and download of score card, etc.
- Once a candidate registers at JOAPS he/she will get the Enrolment ID and would be able to set the password.At the time of registration as a new user a candidate will be asked to fill in his name,e-mail address,mobile number and a password.once submission is done the JOAPS site would send the Enrolment ID to his/her mobile as a SMS.This Enrolment ID and given password should be used for further log in.
- Step-1: Registration at JAPS:
- A candidate who wishes to apply for JAM 2016 examination must first register on the JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed in the later stage, hence they must BE carefully verified and confirmed before submission.
- The candidate must give the name as it appears in the certificates.
- The candidate must give an e-mail address that he/she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from JAM 2016 will be sent to this e-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else's e-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should provide his/her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- The password that the candidate provides should be chosen so that it cannot be guessed easily by others and this JOAPS password must not be forgotten by the candidate as he/she will require it to login to the JOAPS website.
- Step-2: Filling in the Application Form:
- Upon logging in to the JOAPS website, the candidate needs to fill in information, such as the number and choice of test paper(s) that he/she wishes to appear, city choices, date of birth, gender, parent/guardian's name and mobile number, nationality, category, PwD(Person with disability)status, address for communication, details of valid personal ID information, information on qualifying degree, percentage of marks/CGPA, status of graduation, college information, etc.
- After filling in the required information, the candidate has to upload the image files (in .jpeg format) of photograph and signature. A scanned copy of SC/ST and/or PwD certificates (in .pdf format) are also to be uploaded, if applicable. The JOAPS website allows saving a partially filled application form, logging out and resuming filling up the application by logging in again.
- The candidate should check for the correctness of the entered information and uploaded documents. If not satisfied, he/she can correct the entries and upload the files again. After ensuring that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded, the candidate must carefully read the declaration and accept the declaration before submitting the application. A candidate will be able to download the whole application including his photograph, signature and scanned copies of the documents in a .pdf format. Once he/she ascertains the correctness the application is ready for submission. Once the candidate submits his/her application, then no further changes can be made to the application. After the application form is submitted, the candidate can then also view the submitted details and download the duly filled application form.
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected. The candidates must take care to fill in the details in the application form correctly and must upload the correct and valid documents, including signatures and photographs.