Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Delhi has announced the exam dates for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) Exam 2013, which will be conducted in the month of February 2013. The JAM entrance exam will be held on Sunday, February 10, 2013.
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) is an entrance exam conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Delhi. Joint Admission Test (JAM) is held to take admissions to M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree programs at the IITs and to the Integrated Ph.D. programs at IISc and to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students from across the country. JAM is expected to serve as a benchmark for undergraduate level science education in the country.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2013
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2013 shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IISc, Bangalore & IITs.
- For IISc, Bangalore: First class marks (as declared by the university) for General/OBC category candidates and at least second class or 50% aggregate marks for SC and ST category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For IITs: At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualifications as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by 30 September, 2013.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of registration, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the minimum educational qualifications and eligibility requirements for admissions.
- The admitting institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
Application Procedure for IIT JAM 2013
Candidates may apply for JAM 2013 through an “offline” procedure or an “online” procedure.
- Offline Procedure: The “OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) Application Form” along with the “Information Brochure” will be available from 20 September, 2012 to 20 October, 2012 on cash payment of application fee of Rs. 1200/- for General/ OBC category male candidates, Rs. 600/- for SC/ST and PD category male candidates from the designated branches of Canara Bank. For branch details, please click here.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee. They can obtain the Application Form from the designated Canara Bank counters by submitting a self attested photocopy of University/ College/Institute Identity card and pre-final year/final year mark-sheet or degree certificate.
- Online Procedure:The facility for Online Registration will be available through the website http:// gate.iitd.ac.in/jam from 20 September, 2012. The last date for submission of Online Application Form on website is 23 October, 2012 at 18:00 hrs. A candidate can fill in electronically his/her personal data and the appropriate application fee can be paid by a Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Chairman JAM, IIT Delhi”, from any Nationalized Bank, payable at Delhi.
- Last Date for Receipt of the Completed OMR Application Form/Online Application Form:The last date for receipt of the duly completed OMR Application Form/Online Application Form at the JAM Office, IIT Delhi, is 30 October, 2012.
- Any OMR Application Form/ Online Application Form received after this date will not be accepted. Any delay in receiving the application material by the candidate will not be considered as a valid reason for the late submission of the completed OMR Application Form/Online Application Form after the deadline. The organizing institute is not responsible for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit.
For details and information on the application procedure, please visit their official website
Paper Pattern for IIT JAM 2013
- The questions for Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT) and Computer Applications (CA) test papers will be fully objective type. There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the objective type questions in BL, BT and CA test papers. Candidates will get negative 1/3 for a wrong answer. These test papers have to be answered in an Objective Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening appropriate bubbles using a black ink ball point pen. Since the ORS will be evaluated by electronic means, it is imperative that the instructions given on the ORS are carefully read and followed by the candidates.
- All other test papers will be objective-cum-descriptive type. There will be a “question-cum-answer booklet” for each of these six test papers. Answers to various questions are to be given at appropriate places in the “question-cum answer booklet” itself. No supplementary sheet will be provided. Each of these six test papers will have multiple choice type questions(MCQ), fill-in-blank type questions, and descriptive type questions, carrying weightages of 20%, 30% and 50%, respectively.
- The objective type questions in these test papers will have four choices as possible answers, of which, only one will be correct. There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the objective type questions. Each objective type question carries 02 marks for a correct answer and negative 0.50 marks for a wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for fill-in-the-blank type questions.
- Use of any kind of cellular phone/ electronic gadgets (other than non-programmable calculator) is NOT permitted in the examination hall.
- Use of calculator (non programmable) is permitted.
- All answers to the subjective type questions must be written in blue/ black/ blue-black ink only. Sketch pen, pencil or ink of any other color is not permitted.
- The medium for all the test papers will be English only.
- Use of unfair means by a candidate in JAM 2013, whether detected at the time of test, evaluation or at any other stage, will lead to cancellation of his/her candidature as well as disqualification of the candidate from appearing in JAM in future.
- Disclosure of identity in any form, such as writing registration number or name inside the question-cum answer booklet, or making any kind of distinguishing marks, may lead to disqualification of the candidate.
For details and information on the paper pattern, please visit their official website.
Important Dates -
- Issue of OMR Application Form and Information Brochure at Canara Bank Counters: Thursday, September 20, 2012.
- Commencement of Online Application: Thursday, September 20, 2012.
- Last date for issue of OMR Application Form and Information: Saturday, October 20, 2012.
- Last date for Online Application on the website / website closure: Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
- Last date for receipt of completed OMR Application Form along with Pay-in-slip and Demand Draft (if any) at IIT Delhi: Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
- Last date for receipt of completed Online Application Form along with Demand Draft at IIT Delhi: Sunday, February 10, 2013.
- Date of JAM 2013 Test: Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
- Announcement of the Results of JAM 2013: Friday, April 12, 2013 – Friday, April 19, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,