Joint Entrance Examination (Main 2017) will be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to undergraduate engineering programs at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, participating state government institutions etc. The JEE (Main) paper I and paper II offline will be held on Sunday, April 02, 2017 and online paper I will be held on Saturday, April 08, 2017 and Sunday, April 09, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017:
Date of Birth:
- General Candidates: Born or after October 01, 1992.
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates: Born or after October 01, 1987.
Note: Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or2016; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2017.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2014 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2018 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2017. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2014, did not pass in 2014, but passed in 2015 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2017.
- Number of Attempts: The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
- Number of Attempts and Age Limit for the States of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha: Since the states of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/ NITs/ IIITs/ CFTIs.