Joint Entrance Examination (Main) will be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to undergraduate engineering programs in NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, participating state government institutions etc. The JEE (Main) paper I and paper II offline will be held on Sunday, April 03, 2016 and online paper I will be held on Saturday, April 09, 2016 and Sunday, April 10, 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2016:
Date of Birth:
- General Candidates: Born or after October 01, 1991
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates: Born or after October 01, 1986
Note: Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
Do you like this story?
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- The candidates who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
- The candidates willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2016 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board. Further, they may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE (Main) and also in JEE (Advanced). The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2015 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2016) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
- Number of Attempts: The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
- Number of Attempts and Age Limit for the States of Odisha: Since the State of Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system, the age limit, for admission to institutions in the state of Odisha which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.