Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main-2016 is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for taking admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) and Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan) programs at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, institutions funded by several participating state governments, and several other institutions for the session 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE (Main) 2016:
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
- Candidates who passed class 12th/qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
- The candidates who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
For more details and information on JEE Main eligibility criteria, please click here.
Application Procedure for JEE (Main) 2016:
- The online application process will start from Tuesday, December 01, 2015.
- The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
- By Debit/Credit Card
- Through E-challan generated after successful submission of online application form.
For more details and information on JEE Main application procedure, please click here.
Paper Pattern for JEE (Main) 2016:
JEE (Main)–2016 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.) and paper-2 (B. Arch B.Planning).
Type of Questions
Mode of Exam
Paper 1 (B.E/B. Tech)
Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
Pen and paper based exam or computer based exam
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning
Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test–Part III
Questions to test drawing aptitude
Only pen and paper based exam
- Last date for application: Monday, January 11, 2016.
- Fee can be paid till: Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
- Date of JEE (Main):
- For paper I/paper II (offline): Sunday, April 03, 2016.
- For paper I (online): Saturday, April 09, 2016 and Sunday, April 10, 2016.