Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) originated as École de Médicine de Pondichérry established by the French Government in 1823. This medical school was converted into Dhanvantari Medical College at the time of de facto transfer of Pondicherry to Government of India. This Medical College was later upgraded into JIPMER.
JIPMER is an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of Govt. of India. JIPMER conducts its own entrance exam for taking admission to Master of Public Health, M.Sc. in Medical Physics and Post Basic Diploma courses in Nursing for the session commencing in 2014. The exam is conducted every once in a year at Puducherry only.
How to Apply for JIPMER Exam 2013 –
- The prospectus and instructions can be downloaded from the JIPMER website.
- Submission of application through on-line process only.
Mode of payment:
- Demand draft should be drawn in the favour of “The Accounts Officer, JIPMER”, Payable at Pondicherry.
- Candidate should download a copy of the application and send the same along with demand draft, to the Registrar (Academic), JIPMER, D’Nagar Post, Gorimedu, Pondicherry - 605006, so as to reach on or before the last date (9-12-2013) for online registration.
- Fees paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Entrance examination would be held only in Puducherry.
Filling up the form:
- The candidate, before filling-in the form, shall satisfy his/her eligibility to appear in the examination.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fills-in his/her correct address in the application form.