Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has announced the dates for JIPMER exam, which will be conducted in February 2012. The JIPMER entrance exam will be held on Sunday, February 12, 2012.
JIPMER is based in Puducherry and conducts a separate entrance test for admission to its MD/MS course. JIPMER consists of 100 MD/MS seats out of which one can get admission in 82 seats through the JIPMER entrance exam. The other seats are nominated by the Government of India.
JIPMER 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must possess MBBS Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Must have either completed or due to complete one year internship (Rotatory Housemanship) training by 31st March 2012.
Application Procedure for JIPMER 2012
- The application is available only online. Completed application has to be posted with photograph, proof of payment (in case of DD) and necessary certificate as proof category
- JIPMER MD/MS 2012 applications can be submitted by an on-line process (internet based) by accessing the website: www.jipmer.edu.in from 05-12-2011to 09-01-2012.
- Through the Payment gateway available on-line (credit/debit cards/ net banking). The transaction fee has to be borne separately by the applicant only.
- Bank draft M.I.C.R. Demand Draft for Rs.1,000/- (For SC/ST: Rs.800/- only) issued by any nationalized bank, drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, JIPMER” payable at Pondicherry.
JIPMER 2012 Paper Pattern
The Entrance Examination will be of the standard of MBBS Examination. Question paper consists of:
PART I: Basic Clinical Sciences including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology. - 100 Questions
PART II: Clinical Sciences including Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anaesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis and Radio-therapy. - 150 Questions
- There shall be only one paper of three hours duration consisting of 250 multiple choice questions.
- All questions will be of one best/correct response type having four alternatives.
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded Four Marks.
- ZERO mark will be given for the questions not answered.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For every incorrect response ONE mark will be deducted.
- JIPMER entrance examination will be held on Sunday, 12th February, 2012 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Last date for receipt of completed application : 12-01-2012
Test Centers for JIPMER 2012
JIPMER February 2012 will be conducted in 5 cities.