The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala has announced the exam dates for Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM), which will be conducted in April 2014. The KEAM will be held from Monday, April 21, 2014 toThursday, April 24, 2014. The KEAM is held for taking admission to first year engineering and medical & allied programsfor the commencing session 2014.
Eligibility Criteria for KEAM Exam 2014 –
1) Medical & Allied Programs: Medical courses consist of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses and allied courses consists of B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry, BVSc. & AH and BFSc. courses.
- For MBBS, BDS, BSMS: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together, are eligible. In the absence of Biology, Biotechnology will be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For BAMS/BHMS: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
For more details and information on KEAM eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for KEAM Exam 2014–
- Candidate should apply for KEAM-2014 online and send a printout to the CEE on or before the last date.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing CEE website: www.cee.kerala.gov.in. Online submission of application is required to apply for the entrance examination for admission to all the courses (Medical & Allied, Engineering and Architecture). If a candidate submits more than one printout of the application then, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST communities will be treated as ‘General’ candidate for the collection of application fee. The application fee for all candidates will be as follows:
- General: Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST: Rs. 400/-
For more details and information on KEAM application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for KEAM Exam 2014 –
- KEAM entrance examinations for engineering and medical & allied courses will be conducted separately, each test with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry in engineering entrance examination and in Biology, Chemistry & Physics for medical entrance examination.
- Papers for the Engineering Entrance Examination:
- Paper I - Physics & Chemistry
- Paper II – Mathematics
- Papers for the Medical Entrance Examination:
- Paper I - Chemistry & Physics
- Paper II – Biology
- Each paper for engineering and medical will be of two and a half hours duration.
For more details and information on KEAM paper pattern, please visit their official website.
Important Dates –
- Sale of security cards along with prospectus through selected post offices: Friday, January 10, 2014.
- Online application submission starts:Saturday, January 11, 2014.
- Last date for sale of security card and submission of online application: Tuesday, February 04, 2014.
- Last date for receipt of online application printout along with supporting documents: Wednesday, February 05, 2014.
- Date for downloading online admit cards: Monday, March 24, 2014.
- Date of KEAM exam:
- Physics & Chemistry (Paper-I): Monday, April 21, 2014.
- Mathematics (Paper-II):Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
- Chemistry & Physics (Paper-I): Wednesday, April 23, 2014.
- Biology (Paper-II): Thursday, April 24, 2014.
- Date of result declaration:
- For Medical: on or before Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
- For Engineering: on or before Wednesday, June 25, 2014.
For moreinformation about KEAM exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?