Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is conducted every year by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges’ Association (KPPGCA). Once in a year the KMAT exam is conducted in paper pencil pattern for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA) courses of the institutes in Karnataka. The KPPGCA is a professional body set up in 2003 for facilitating admission to Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) programs in the various participating colleges of Karnataka.
There are three options given to the candidates in the application form to choose from, MBA, MCA or both. The test is conducted in 15 centers across the state of Karnataka. There are 157 B-schools which will be accepting the KMAT 2015 scores. Some of the well-known B-schools include Alliance Business Academy, Garden City College of Science & Management Studies, Bangalore Institute of Management Studies, Acharya Institute of Management Science, M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for KMAT 2015:
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline such as science, arts, commerce, etc. after completing the 10+2 examination, in any stream.
- The minimum aggregate marks obtained in the bachelor’s degree should be 50%, including language subjects.
How to Apply for KMAT 2015:
- Name : Write your Name as it appears in your School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity : Tick the appropriate option to confirm your nativity If you do not belong to Karnataka state by either Birth or Domicile, please tick the option - Non-Karnataka candidate.
- Choice of Test Centre : Select your preferred test Centre city from the list of cities provided Kindly note that once the city has been selected changes will not be allowed.
- Gender : Tick the appropriate gender.
- Applying for : Tick the appropriate test for which you are appearing Failure to tick correctly will result in incorrect processing of your score.
- Date of Birth : Enter your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format in the space provided.
- Stream : Tick against the stream in which you have obtained your graduation degree
- Address : 8.Write your complete postal mailing address including your first name in CAPITAL LETTERS. Failure to write complete address might result in non-receipt of postal communication, if any.
- Fees : DD should be made in favor of "KMAT 2015" and should be payable at Bangalore
- Candidates who are applying for either MBA or MCA have to prepare a DD of Rs 600/-
- Candidates who want to take up both the MBA and the MCA test will have to register for each test separately. Two separate Hall Tickets will be issued.
- Please make a photocopy of the application form and DD as a proof of acknowledgement.
Paper Pattern for KMAT 2015:
- The KMAT paper pattern differs based on the paper chosen, there are 2 different patterns for the exam one is for MBA paper and other is for MBA and MCA combined paper. The duration of the exam is of 3 hrs.
- The MBA paper consists of 3 sections namely mathematical skills, language comprehension and basic aptitude. The total number of question is 120 and each section consists of 40 questions.
- The combined paper of MBA and MCA consists of 4 sections namely basic aptitude, language skills, mathematical skills and logical reasoning. The total number of question in this paper is 160, which is divided into 40 questions per section.
Entry requirements into professional courses in Karnataka are strictly followed as per the UGC guidelines.
Bachelors degree / Masters degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering / Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate 40% for SC/ST candidate
Bachelor's degree with 50% marks. Candidates should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
Last date for submission of application form: Wednesday, July 15, 2015.
Date of KMAT: Sunday, July 26, 2015.
The KMAT will be conducted in various colleges in Bangalore, Mangalore, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Davangere, Hubli, Gulbarga, Shimoga, Udupi, Mysore and Kottara.
For complete details on the test centers, please visit the official website.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
Do you like this story?