Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT 2016) is conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges’ Association (KPPGCA) for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Master of Computer Application (MCA) program offered at private colleges in Karnataka. KMAT is the gateway to more than 169 + AICTE-approved University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. KMAT 2016 is an All India exam that will be held in more than 10 cities all across the country and is open to candidates from all parts of India and abroad.
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) was established in 2003 to provide proactive support to professional education and facilitate and streamline admission to postgraduate professional courses, viz., MBA, PGDM and MCA. The KMAT will be held on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
KMAT Unique Features:
- Open to All India Candidates: Candidates from any part of India who meet the eligibility criteria can take this test in all parts of India
- Gateway to Karnataka: Silicon Valley of India and No 1 Destination for MBA/PGDM with very vibrant Job market
- Easy and affordable exam application process with sharing of KMAT scores with selected B-schools of your choice/scores
- Ease of test-taking in conventional paper-pencil mode in a city near you
Section wise details for KMAT 2016 are as follows:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: English language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. There would be questions on understanding of the contents of the passages and choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills. This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
- Logical and Abstract Reasoning: This section shall include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The section may have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- Quantitative Ability: Matriculation standard questions can be found in this section. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed etc. Apart from Arithmetic, the questions may also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
- General Awareness: KMAT 2016 proposes to test the General Awareness of the candidates as is expected from an educated person living in the society. No specific syllabus can be defined for General Awareness. However, it may contain questions on current and conventional General Knowledge on various issues past and present.
KMAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Do you like this story?