Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is conducted every year by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges’ Association (KPPGCA). Once in a year the KMAT exam is conducted in paper pencil pattern for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA) courses of the institutes in Karnataka. The KPPGCA is a professional body set up in 2003 for facilitating admission to Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Masters of Computer Applications (MCA) programs in the various participating colleges of Karnataka.
There are three options given to the candidates in the application form to choose from, MBA, MCA or both. The test is conducted in 15 centers across the state of Karnataka. There are 157 B-schools which will be accepting the KMAT 2012 scores. Some of the well-known B-schools include Alliance Business Academy, Garden City College of Science & Management Studies, Bangalore Institute of Management Studies, Acharya Institute of Management Science, M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for KMAT 2012:
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline such as science, arts, commerce, etc. after completing the 10+2 examination, in any stream.
- The minimum aggregate marks obtained in the bachelor’s degree should be 50%, including language subjects.
How to Apply for KMAT 2012:
- The application form can be obtained from the participating colleges at the cost of Rs. 50/-.
- The application form can also be downloaded from their official website - http://www.kmatindia.com.
- The duly filled in application form along with a demand draft of Rs. 500/- (for MBA or MCA only) or of Rs. 600/- (for both MBA and MCA) drawn in favor of ‘KMAT 2012’ and payable at Bangalore should reach ‘The Secretary - KMAT 2012, Sheshadripuram First Grade College, C. A. Site NO. 26, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore – 560 064’ by July 12, 2012.
Paper Pattern for KMAT 2012:
- The KMAT paper pattern differs based on the paper chosen, there are 2 different patterns for the exam one is for MBA paper and other is for MBA and MCA combined paper. The duration of the exam is of 3 hrs.
- The MBA paper consists of 3 sections namely mathematical skills, language comprehension and basic aptitude. The total number of question is 120 and each section consists of 40 questions.
- The combined paper of MBA and MCA consists of 4 sections namely basic aptitude, language skills, mathematical skills and logical reasoning. The total number of question in this paper is 160, which is divided into 40 questions per section.
- Last date of availability of application form at the participating colleges and the website: Thursday, July 12, 2012.
- Last date for submitting filled in application form: Thursday, July 12, 2012.
- Date of entrance exam: Sunday, July 22, 2012.
- Date of declaration of Results on the website: Wednesday, August 08, 2012.
Test Centers of KMAT 2012:
The KMAT will be conducted in various colleges in Bangalore, Mangalore, Bagalkot, Belgaum, Davangere, Hubli, Gulbarga, Shimoga, Udupi, Mysore and Kottara.
For complete details on the test centers, please visit the official website.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google
Do you like this story?