Q1. Please tell us in brief about the institute – its history, affiliations, philosophy etc?
The G D Goenka Group entered the field of education nearly two decades ago with the clear intention of establishing premier institutions that define and exceed the highest standards of international education, in terms of scholarship, academic rigour, opportunities for holistic personal growth, all sustained by exemplary personal values.
The Group has successfully achieved these goals by building an unmatched reputation in K-12 education by combining outstanding intellectual capital and physical infrastructure in several centres of excellence. In 2009, the group entered university education through a unique partnership with Lancaster University, UK. The partnership allows it to offer Lancaster's world-class degrees and diplomas at its Sohna, Gurgaon campus.
GDGWI teaches the academic programme of Lancaster University, UK exactly as it is taught in UK with same pedagogy and evaluation strategies. The diplomas the students get are exactly the same as they would have got if they went to Lancaster to study.
We believe that positive change is driven by exceptional individuals who have the knowledge, the intellectual skills and capabilities to question and change the status quo. We also believe that exceptional leaders must possess the character and imbibed values to bring about societal and economic change for the larger good
• To foster a stimulating learning environment through collaborative efforts of the academic community within the institute and the larger professional community outside the institute
• To evolve educational and research processes and practices at par with the best educational centres around the world
• To create opportunities for exceptional individuals to develop personal and leadership skills to the fullest possible extent
• To bridge the gap between thinking and practice by facilitating interaction with practitioners and thought leaders in business and industry
• To generate new research and best practices
• To synthesize, evaluate, and modify the latest thinking and practice in taught disciplines
Q2. What are the various courses being offered to the students?
Undergraduate courses in Business
• BBA Business Studies - 3 Years
• BBA - Business Studies
• BBA - Finance & Accounting
• BBA - Management & Enterpreneurship
• BBA - Management & Marketing
• BBA - Management and Information Technology
• BBA - Human Resource Management
• BA (Hons) Business Economics - 3 Years
• BA (Hons). Marketing and Advertising - 3 Years
Undergraduate courses in Engineering (all 4 Years programme equivalent to B.Tech.)
• M.Eng.Electronic and Electrical Engineering
• M.Eng.Mechanical Engineering
• M.Eng.Computer System Engineering
Postgraduate courses in Business
• PGDBM - 2 Years
• MSc in Management - 1 Year
• MSc in Management and Marketing - 1 Year
Q3. Please tell us something about your faculty profile and the student faculty ratio.
We currently have 35 faculty members, of whom 18 have PhD degrees from very reputed university. The current student-faculty ratio is about 14:1.
Q4. What exam scores do you accept? If it’s not confidential please share the last year’s cut off for all the exams.
We admit students on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination subject to an interview in which we assess the learning skills of the candidates. The British degree programme is a very rigorous programme, and requires very committed students.
Q5. Is there any preference for a student with some pre MBA work experience? Also please share the ratio of engineers Vs the non engineers in the batch.
We do not require any work experience. Currently, the percentage of students with engineering background is around 20.
Q 6. Please share something about the placement record of the college. What are the primary sectors that the students were placed in?
We are committed to provide excellent placement support to our students. At GDGWI, placement is an integrated process driven by Corporate Resource Centre at GDGWI and Career Cell at Lancaster University, UK. We leverage the strong patronage, both the institutions, receives from corporate world wide. This year 10 sectors of industry actively participated at Campus 2012 process with consulting being the top of the group followed by BFSI. 36% of the corporate were truly MNCs and remaining top Indian Companies on campus. GDGWI .is a founding member of IPRS, introduced by top B Schools in India including IIM –A. The current year average MEP for PGDBM has been INR 5.60 LPA and achieved 100% placement for eligible students.
Q 7. Any other certifications/skill sets that a student gets while he is pursuing his course at your college?
The PGDBM programme at GDGWI is a very analysis-heavy programme in which the analytic skills of a student are honed.
Q 8. How does a student benefit from the international affiliations that your college has.
The student gets a diploma of Lancaster University, exactly as he would have got if he was studying at Lancaster itself. Lancaster University programme is a triple accredited programme which is ranked very highly.
Q 9. If I were to ask you to mention three differentiators for your institute what would they be?
• A very highly-rated British diploma/degree
• A very hghly-accomplished faculty
• Training in critical analysis .
Q 10. What kind of Scholarships is available from the institute’s side? Are there any tie ups with banks for financial assistance?
A few Scholarships are available for very bright needy students. There is a tie-up with HDFC Bank for student loans.
Q11. Does the curriculum has any study tours or student exchange programs integrated? If yes please explain in detail.
There is a summer school programme in which the students spends three weeks on Lancaster University campus at Lancaster. The programme is a mix of where the student is exposed to academics, citizenship, government and industry.
Q12. How long is the summer internship for the first year MBA students? What kind of support does the institute offer for the same to the students?
Do you like this story?
Six to eight weeks compulsory internship.