University of Kerala has announced the dates for Kerala University Common Admission Test (KU-CAT) examination, which will be conducted in April 2012. The KU CAT will be held on last week of April 2012.
KU CAT examination is for admission to the two year MBA (Full time) and MBA (Tourism-Full time) credit and semester system offered at Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK), Palayam campus and its extension centers for the batch of 2012-2014.
KU CAT2012 Eligibility Criteria
- Any student who has passed degree from any Indian universities under the regular stream recognized by the University of Kerala and shall be in 10+2+3 pattern (or in 10+2+4). In all the cases the student should have passed the degree examination with not less than 50% marks in Part III marks (without approximation, that is 49.999% is not eligible since it is less than 50%) in BA, B.Sc, B.Com etc., and 50% marks in aggregate in case of B.Tech, B.Sc (Agri) and other 4/5 year degree courses is eligible for admission. SC/ST candidates shall be given relaxation as per university rules.
- The students who are appearing for their final year/final semester degree examination are also eligible to apply.
Application Procedure for KU CAT2012
- Prescribed application forms along with brochure can be downloaded from the website: www.imk.ac.in and www.keralauniversity.ac.in
- The filled in application form should accompany the D.D. for Rs.510 in favor of “THE FINANCE OFFICER, UNIVERSITY OF KERALA” drawn from SBT payable at KUOC campus or from Cooperative banks payable at Trivandrum/ Chalan of Rs.500/- payable at University cash counter for application fee and also the copies of income certificate or B.P.L. certificate and community certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Duly filled in application should reach the professor and head, Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala, Palayam Campus, Thiruvananthapuram-695034 on or before 31.03.2012.
KU CAT2012 Admission Criteria
Rank list for admission to the MBA program will be finalized on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test (70% weightage), Group Discussion (15% weightage) and Interview (15 % weightage) which will be published in the last week of May 2012.
- Last date for receipt of applications either: Saturday, March 31, 2012
- Date of examination: Last week of April 2012.
KU CAT entrance exam will be conducted in 6 centers.