The IIKM Business School, Chennai has collaborated with CDC for delivery of the Certificate Programme on “Management Consulting”.
Consultants play an important role in the industry as well as in facilitating economic development of the country. There is a paradigm shift in the Consulting Profession in the last few decades in the country and Consulting Sector is positioning itself as one of the promising areas for Management Professionals.
The demand for Consulting in various sectors of economy as well as in emerging areas has increased tremendously in the last few years. This has created a huge demand for Consulting Professionals in the industry.
Consultant is an important functionary in development of products and projects, aiding in providing optimum solutions to achieve bottom-line requirements of client organisations. The Consultants, besides having domain expertise in their area of operation, must be equipped with the knowledge of different dimensions of the job of a Management Consultant and the desirable skills to do that job with requisite perfection.
A good and sound knowledge of the requisite dimensions and skills helps not only in value addition in service delivery but also helps in brand building for the Management Consultant.
Realizing this need, Consultancy Development Centre, an Autonomous Institution of Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, is offering the “Certificate Program in Management Consulting”.
Consultancy Development Centre
Consultancy Development Centre (CDC) is an Autonomous Institution of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) of Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, working towards promoting and strengthening Consultancy skills and capabilities including export of Consultancy Services. CDC is also the nodal agency in the Asia Pacific region for the Technical Consultancy Development Programme for Asia and the Pacific (TCDPAP), a programme promoted by the United Nation Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
Objectives of Program
- To prepare professionals for a career in Management Consulting
- To impart basic understanding of the requirements of the profession
- To equip professionals with knowledge, skills and attitude desirable for a career in Management Consulting
- To prepare professionals working in industry, service sector, development sector and Not for Profit organisations for Internal Consulting Roles within their present organizations/companies
Key Features of the Program
- Class room inputs by faculty having practical consulting experience
- Facility to seek clarifications / information through E-mentoring
- Certificate by CDC, Autonomous Institution of DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India on successful completion of program.
All registered candidates would be expected to appear for a three hour written test at the end of the course. Those securing at least 50% marks (C grade) would become eligible for award of certificate by CDC.
Who should attend the Program?
The program would be ideal for professionals who:
- Are individuals inclined to have a career in Management Consulting after acquiring their educational qualifications (fresh as well as having non-consulting experience)
- Are working in industry/service sector/development sector/not for Profit organisations with the job profile as Internal Consultant to their own organisation
- Are working at entry levels in a consulting firm
Eligibility: M.Sc./ M.Com / M.B.A./ M.C.A../ A.C.A./ A.C.S./ I.C.W.A./ B.E./ B. Tech. or Equivalent
The programme is to be delivered at IIKM Business School,
17-A, Muthuramalingar Street,
Rajaji Colony, Saligramam, Chennai, Pin: 600092.
Phone: +91-44- 23762455, 23762466,
Mob: +91- 950009913/ 9500009915.