Healthcare is one of todays most dynamic and growing fields in India and worldwide, with a wide range of opportunities and challenges. While medical personnel are the superlative members of any healthcare organization, there are other healthcare professionals in whom patients invest their trust and hope, even though they’re not always aware of who these people are or the roles they play. These professionals are healthcare executives (also called healthcare administrators and healthcare managers). They are the men and women who manage today’s hospital and healthcare organizations. An healthcare executive must exude a sense of service and must posses the etiquette necessary to appease the patients.
- Courses in health care are offered at graduate level and postgraduate level. Apart from it, certificate, diploma, advanced diploma and PG diploma courses in different areas of health care are also offered.
- Apart from theoretical knowledge, while pursuing a course in the field of health care, students learn to work with medical professionals, who give them practical exposure.
- On-site trainings are offered by some health care organizations, to meet the requirement of a particular post.
- One can do courses in the following fields of health care - Cardiovascular Technology, Counseling, Dental Assistant and Hygienist, Emergency, Medical Technician, Fitness Trainer, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare, Information Management, Medical Laboratory Technician, Massage, Therapist Training, Medical Assisting Schools, Medical Coding and Billing, Medical Office Administration, Medical Transcriptionist, Natural Health and, Naturopathy, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacy Technician, Patient Care Technician, Phlebotomist Schools, Practical Nursing, Psychology and Mental Health, Radiology and-Ray Technician, Registered Nursing, Rehab Technician, Respiratory Therapist, Medical Sonography and Ultrasound, Surgical Technologist / Operating Room Technology.
- One can take up a career as a medical assistant, dental assistant, or nurse in hospitals, clinics, after pursuing a course in the field of health care.
- Healthcare executives have an opportunity to make a significant contribution to improving the health of the communities their organizations serve.
- Today, an estimated 100,000 people occupy health management positions at numerous organizational levels, from department head to chief executive officer.
- Requirements for senior-level positions in healthcare organizations are demanding, but these jobs also offer opportunities to improve the system of care giving.
Emoluments of health care professionals depends upon the area chosen by them, educational qualification as well as their experience. However, one can expect salary of Rs 10000 per month, at the beginning stage which is poised to get better with experience.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,