Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra is conducting Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH CET) for admission to two years full time postgraduate degree courses in MBA/MMS in the Government, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State. The admission to the management courses is centralized and covered under Centralized Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra. The online MAH-CET 2016 will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016 and Sunday, March 13, 2016.
How to Apply for MAH CET 2016:
- Candidates can apply online.
For Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J&K Migrant candidates and NRI/Foreign Nationals/PIO/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries Candidates
For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he /she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature for CET & Admission.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the application form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
- Payment of Examination Fees:
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a nonIndian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
- Photograph Image:
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture. - Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, Background. - Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen. - Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. - Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) - Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- Signature Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified. - Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) - Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
- Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature:
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved. - Select the file by clicking on it.
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button