National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is the all India level entrance test which measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
The admission to the B. Arch course is done through the NATA entrance test score. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. aided and unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Paper Pattern for NATA 2015
- The NATA entrance test paper consists of two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.
- The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.
- Drawing Test: NATA drawing test is the two hour paper where candidates has to attempt three questions.
- The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Aesthetic Sensitivity Test: The NATA aesthetic sensitivity test is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions.
- There is no negative marking in this test.
- Time allotted to answer the question is between 40 and 120 seconds depending upon the question
- The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
For frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitterand Google+
For more details and information on NATA exam, please visit here.
Do you like this story?