The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the exam dates for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Under Graduate (NEET UG) 2013, which will be conducted in May 2013. NEET UG 2013 entrance exam was held on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
NEET-UG 2013 is conducted for taking admission to the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental surgery (BDS) program in various institutes in India for the commencing session 2013.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG 2013:
The candidate must have passed 12th class examination with a minimum of 50% (General category) and 40% (Reserved category) in aggregate of physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized board before admission.
Application Procedure for NEET UG 2013:
Mode of Submission of Application Form and Fee Details –
A candidate can apply for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) only on-line by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Before submission of application form, make the following preparations:
- Decide the mode of payment of fee,
- Through Debit/Credit Card/Internet Banking using on-line gateway payment facility, or
- Through offline deposit in CBSE Bank Account with Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank directly or through NEFT from other Banks by downloading the Challan Form from the website of CBSE-NEET.
- a) IF decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form.
- b) If decided to pay fee offline mode by depositing money in anyone of the above CBSE Bank Accounts directly or through NEFT from other Banks in the name of Secretary, CBSE through Challan/Deposit Slip downloaded from website after completing Part-I of Registration. Deposit slip bearing Application Registration Number, Name and address of the Bank branch with branch code where fee is deposited and transaction ID number be kept ready with you while logging on to website for final submission of Part –II of the application form.
- c) Fee Details and last date for submission of Application Form are as follows:
Fee without late fee
Fee with first late fee
Fee with second late fee
01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012
01.01.2013 to 15.01.2013
16.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation Page/Application Form in CBSE
- In addition to examination fee, service/processing charges will also to be paid by the candidate for online payment of fee through Debit/Credit Card along with Service Tax, as applicable. Details of the same are available on Boards website.
- The candidates must note that after submission of the application form it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained.
The information desired to be filled in the online application may also be kept ready.
For details and information on the application procedure, please visit their official website.
Paper Pattern for NEET UG 2013:
- The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- The duration of the paper would be 3 hours.
- Language of the Question Papers –
- Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi. This option should be exercised while filling in the application form.
- Candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and West Bengal can opt for Question Paper either in English, Hindi or in their respective Regional Language i.e. Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati and Bengali.
- Option of Question Paper exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
For details and information on the paper pattern, please visit their official website.
- Last date for submission of application forms without late fee: Monday, December 31, 2012.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE: Thursday, January 10, 2013.
- Last date for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs. 500/- : Tuesday, January 15, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs. 500/-: Friday, January 25, 2013.
- Last date for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs. 1000/-: Thursday, January 31, 2013.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs. 1000/-: Sunday, February 10, 2013.
- Date of NEET-UG 2013: Sunday, May 05, 2013.
- Declaration of Results: 2nd week of June, 2013.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Google+
For more details and information about NEET UG 2013, please visit here.
Do you like this story?